1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Why did you get 80lb injectors?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
you will be perfectly fine on stock injectors...... and bigger injectors can actually hurt...
that is twice as big of an injector as you would ever need unless you plan on turbo or SC....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Shouldn't, they should be able to tune it to run on the 80lb injectors. I was just curious as to your plans.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah just wanted the most out of my injectors. Probably not the greatest decision but I thought it would work

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It should. Leevicius will know better when he gets on later tonight. At least you'll be set up for s/c.

Only problem is your CAI, intake manifold and TB won't be any good once you go s/c.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There's power to be gained but you can't use the stuff I mentioned with a sc

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
But a header down pipe and cat back will work with a supercharger so invest in those.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
No question is stupid if it's asked with a sincere wish to learn. After all, we're not all master mechanics and pro tuners here.

I don't believe the injectors will harm your performance, but I can't imagine it'll add anything either if you plan on staying NA. The parts you've amassed should nearly plateau your non FI power build. An LSJ TB (w/adapter) might give you a slight bump in power, but you're ahead of the game as it is already so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you have a question, don't be afraid to ask. We're here to help as best we can.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

But a header down pipe and cat back will work with a supercharger so invest in those.
He did mention he has a full exhaust. I figure a header-back is what he means.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Sounds like a win to me

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The injectors themselves will not help or harm your performance in ANY way if properly tuned. If you put them in and don't tune it, your car will run PIG RICH and probably won't want to run at all with any amount of throttle given as it will probably flood out. As far as mods tho, with a sc you will be in a good mix with those injectors however, you won't come anywhere NEAR maxing them out as with a stock internal motor you can't run them too hard or hard enough to need the 80's. Just remember tho, with the 80's you can do a little more than you would normally be able to just because you can dump more fuel in to help with knock. But please, ask questions, this is why we are here. We all have areas in which we are still learning, and the only stupid question is the one not asked.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No more Facebook for me. Deleted it, not you:) lol ok should I even put my 2.4throttle body on and just go for engine mods

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.