Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just installed my new intake. I am really impressed on how much better it made my car sound.
Heres a link to an audio file i recorded of how it sounds.

Anyways, here are some pics for you to enjoy(sorry for the bad quality, my camera sucks) :)

Before:

Mid-Install:

After:

Spectre Part Numbers:
8876 - coupler
8698 - 90 degree elbow
8136 - air filter
8219 - air intake kit
9405 - MAF adapter kit
42859 - SAI breather filter

Please share what you think. This is my first mod. (im doing the blue sleeving at the same time as this)

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
nice, from advanced/autozone spectre? i got the same kit, did you have to buy the 90degree elbow right from the engine for it to fit? mine came with a 30/35 i think degree elbow and i couldnt shut my hood, so i just sent everything back lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To confirm, this is done with all spectre parts. Ill list off the part numbers tomorrow morning. Also, i had to do some slight modding to the coupler that attaches the 90 degree elbow to the intake manifold. I basically took the little black 2.5" adapter ring that came with the spectre coupler, cut it in half, and put that on the opening of the intake manifold to be used as a small spacer. Then i cut the blue coupler down about a half inch and everything fit nice. The only thing that doesnt clear is the filter, but if i dont slam my hood down, its all fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres the part numbers for all the parts i used. They are all from spectre.

8876 - coupler
8698 - 90 degree elbow
8136 - air filter
8219 - air intake kit
9405 - MAF adapter kit
42859 - SAI breather filter

·
Registered
680 Posts
I like...I think im going to go with the injen though
Sounds good =)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts