Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me...new to Chevy...new to American cars.

Used 5 Speed 2007 Laser Blue Metalic LS Coupe w/71k miles.

Looking to squeeze MPG's out of this little bugger on my daily 130 mile round trip commute (90% highway).

Tires pumped to 42psi cold.

Need more ideas.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Welcome to YC! Glad to have you aboard! Be sure to post pics when you can!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Welcome to YC... and if running stock tires, consult that little white TP lable in the driver's door for the recommended cold TP recommendation. Pumping them up your style will make it handle like a pig and less traction. The amount of fuel that MAY be saved, you'll spend way more replacing tires.
Enjoy your Balt!! They are good little cars...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to YC... and if running stock tires, consult that little white TP lable in the driver's door for the recommended cold TP recommendation. Pumping them up your style will make it handle like a pig and less traction. The amount of fuel that MAY be saved, you'll spend way more replacing tires.
Enjoy your Balt!! They are good little cars...

In my experience hyper-miling and over inflating tires on my good old Forester (200k + miles)...tires actually last LONGER when "over inflated".

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome to YC! Wow! Thats a lot of psi to be on stock touring tires. I would recommend dropping your tire pressure a few lbs on each. You may get great MPG, but your killing the tread on them, plus high risk of a blow out/tire separation.

I have the stock hubbys as of now and mine are set to 34 all around. AVG MPG according to the gauge, 28. Little HWY, mostly city, but I shift at 2300 rpms, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.