Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a red interior LED kit from LEDglow.com. It got here today so I put up all the lights, hid the wires, and wired up the ground. The problem came when I plugged in the add-a-circuit they sent me with a four amp fuse in it. I tried to plug it in to an empty circuit and got no power to my lights, I plugged it in where there is a 2 amp fuse and it blew the two amp fuse, and I plugged it in where there was a 10 amp fuse and it blew it's 4 amp fuse. Keep in mind I have no idea what I am doing, am I making a stupid mistake or is there somehting wrong with the stuff I bought?

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I read the instructions, they don't really say much. All they say is:Choose a fused source with at least a 10amp fuse for the kit. Adding anohter device such as this kit will overload and blow the fuse.

Edit: there is an inline fuse that it came with of five amps that hasn't blown yet.

Edit again: Just found better instructions on their website that say: Choose a fused source with at least a 10 amp fuse for the kit; anything less may blow the fuse with the kit installed and running.

·
Registered
394 Posts
tap into your interior lights fuse.... find the fuse on the diagram in the fuse box, pull the fuse out, put the red wire in the hole, and put the fuse back in. it's very easy, and it is 10 amps. that's the set up i've had for months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i taped in the interior light dimmer wire for my under dash LEDs, you really dont need a fuse for it.... Something might be wired wrong. Positives go to the fuse panel and the negatives go to the metal support under the middle of the dash. Try testing the LEDs on a drill battery to make sure they work.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tap into your interior lights fuse.... find the fuse on the diagram in the fuse box, pull the fuse out, put the red wire in the hole, and put the fuse back in. it's very easy, and it is 10 amps. that's the set up i've had for months.
What amperage is the fuse you used for the LED's themselves?

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it out, a wire was cut and grounded, taped it and now they work great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.