Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, glad to be here!
Let me give the rundown on my (new to me) 2008 Cobalt LS w/ 62k mi. that I just picked up for $4,000 you can tell me how I did I don't mind 😬.
Supercharged using ZZP's Ss kit & Hp tuned.ZZP midlength header, ZZP catted downpipe, Full Gmpp exhaust.
Recaro ion redline seats.
Full black interior swap.
Black factory ebony door panels. I was told the only set in existence (with manual windows and locks), custom ordered by a GM tech.
Ss front bumper. Ss side skirts. Rk sport g5 rear lip.
17x7 enkei pf01 wheels. 225/45/17 hankook ventus v12 evo tires.
Yyz v1 springs. Fe5 shocks.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Building Machine

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Not too bad for 4K. You might take it easy with hard pulls. That L61 bottom end has some of the weakest rods GM put into the eotech engines. They should hold you well into the 150-200k miles if you go easy on it. Then again, if you. Push the redline a bunch, you can lunch it in an afternoon…..clean looking setup though
BTW, noticed you. Don’t have integrated steering wheel Buttons..adding cruise control and radio controls is well worth it for those longer drives.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not too bad for 4K. You might take it easy with hard pulls. That L61 bottom end has some of the weakest rods GM put into the eotech engines. They should hold you well into the 150-200k miles if you go easy on it. Then again, if you. Push the redline a bunch, you can lunch it in an afternoon…..clean looking setup though
BTW, noticed you. Don’t have integrated steering wheel Buttons..adding cruise control and radio controls is well worth it for those longer drives.
Caught my attention about adding cruise ! How does that work ?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
@08RedCobalt
There is a full doing this on both an .08 LS and 08 LT with images, gotchas, and…
Schematics wire colors and step-by-steps.
Posts by Coby7 and myself.
You will need to have your BCM instructed (programmed) to operate upon the button command ,..start cruiz, …..it’s already built in. GM just didn’t. Give you the buttons and enable it in the BCM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
looks pretty nice for $4K. Better than my $4,300 junk, thats for sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cruise would be nice to have thats for sure, ill have to look into the guides for that, and noted about the motor as well thanks for that.

I drove this car before! In Ohio! Small world it ripped good! I didn’t buy it due to a rat nest of headlight wires.
It pulls well for what it is. Im in NY, and the original owner (who i bought it from) is as well, was he out there with it or something? The headlights wires arent all over or anything though, ive had the housings out a few times now.

Agreed nice wheels. And obviously the interior looks amazing
I love the all black interior, theres a few tans pieces still but its very clean overall.

Another supercharged auto? Very cool! I love the wheels too!

Welcome to the forums! :)
That it is, & Thank you!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts