Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently picked up a 2009 Cobalt SS to replace a winter daily driver. Car is mostly stock with 102,500 km; I replaced the brakes with R1 concepts components and installed a Trifecta tune. I have a few modifications I want to address come spring - fix the headlights (I can't believe the poor light output of the stock lights), install seat heaters preparing for next winter, and integrate ipod control to the factory Pioneer stereo.

I found the site looking for ideas and doing some research on the car's capabilities. I am a mechanical engineer by trade, but a car-guy at heart.

My current garage includes:

1998 BMW E36 M3 - summer toy
2006 Trailblazer SS - wife's DD
2009 Cobalt SS coupe - my new winter DD
2011 AMG C63 - summer DD

Cheers!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hello,

I recently picked up a 2009 Cobalt SS to replace a winter daily driver. Car is mostly stock with 102,500 km; I replaced the brakes with R1 concepts components and installed a Trifecta tune. I have a few modifications I want to address come spring - fix the headlights (I can't believe the poor light output of the stock lights), install seat heaters preparing for next winter, and integrate ipod control to the factory Pioneer stereo.

I found the site looking for ideas and doing some research on the car's capabilities. I am a mechanical engineer by trade, but a car-guy at heart.

My current garage includes:

1998 BMW E36 M3 - summer toy
2006 Trailblazer SS - wife's DD
2009 Cobalt SS coupe - my new winter DD
2011 AMG C63 - summer DD

Cheers!

Welcome! The poor headlight output can be fixed with a set of retrofits. They are pretty easy to do, and there are ton of people that make them PM me for more info. I don't know it was an option or not, but the stock radio had the ability to control and ipod VIA the USB port.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,

HID retrofit will be happening - I am a hands-on kind of guy, so probably do it myself with parts from TRS.

My radio does not have the USB port, so no luck there. Also, I know I am getting old when I don't feel safe changing CD's while driving in rush hour, regardless of the fact that it probably falls under distracted driving, which is a ticket-able offence up here...

Lots of things to do this summer once the weather is nice and I can leave the cobalt off the road for a bit while I tinker away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.