Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm from Ontario. I'm a member of the Ontario Cobalt Club. Stumbled upon this site and have been lurking for a few months now. My account wasn't activated or something so I can post finally. lol.

I have a 2008 Cobalt LT coupe with almost every option. Its 5spd, has the LT Best Value pkg (leather-wrapped stuff, the 16" rims, chrome exhaust tip, mp3 player deck), and the premium leather & sound pkg (leather and pioneer).

So far I've done:

Interior:
  • 2007 SS/SC 6-disk head unit
  • GM Accessory pedals
  • Custom iPod integration (I rewired the AUX port on a second 6-disk deck I have so it sits under the radio, then a cable runs from there to near the handbrake, then I have a Griffin AutoPilot charger/remote (has track and play/pause buttons on it) and the dock connector goes from the ciggy lighter by the handbrake under the console and up and into the arm rest. As far as I know no one has actually run anything into the arm rest. Works MINT)
  • Painted door trim pieces (gloss black)
  • Custom silver thread on shift boot (used a how to on here to do it. came out mint)
  • Custom silver thread on the stitching on the leather on the shift knob
Exterior:
-
  • Painted trunk lock (gloss black)
  • Painted calipers/drums (gloss black)
  • Custom short antenna
  • Painted SS/SC headlights (gloss black, but hard to tell)
  • Chrome amber signal bulbs (look chrome when off, light up amber)
  • Pulled DRL fuse. I use the fog lights during the day as my DRLs as it looks more awesome with the black headlights
  • 17" Fast Encore rims wrapped in 215/45/R17 Nexen N3000 rubber
  • Polished valve cover
  • 22% tint all around
  • LED license plate bulb
Performance:
  • GMPP intake
  • Removed intake resonator....but doesn't really help/hurt performance haha
Heres some pictures:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome, I'm a canuck myself, a Bluenoser actually \m/

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Welcome! another Canadian! I'm in Quebec. we need to organize a meet soon somewhere in between. perhaps Kingston. enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

My background is in detailing so I try to keep it as clean as possible. I've been detailing cars for like 4 or 5 years now, and I'm only 18 now lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forums

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Sharp car. Welcome!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Polished it myself by hand. Looking back, I should have used some type of tool (re: dremel) to get the tighter places. Also should have spent more time getting the front part perfect, but meh. By the time I had finished I was already 3 beers in...lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.