Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just bought a 2009 Cobalt LT Coupe, I want to put my 18's on, and switch out the rear and front speakers, head unit, and put my amp/cap/subs in. If I were to switch them out would this lose the warranty, or would I need to have like Best Buy or another company do the install. Also does anyone know how the Infinity Kappa speakers sound. My friends trying to get me to go with them. Or what door and rear speakers sound great. Thanks in advance to any help.
Rob

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i dont think audio components are covered under warranty anyway.
and im assuming you talking about wheels when you say 18's. if so, i havent heard of anyone being denied warranty work for switching wheels.

any parts you switch will void warranty on that part. unless its gm approved part and installed by a gm tech. and dealership has to prove replacement part caused another part to fail. i.e- bad maf caused by over oiling aftermarket air filter.

btw-welcome to the site!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Simple solution to the intake: return it back to stock before warranty work.. Its a 15 minute job.. Or go with GMPP

An intake isn't going to hurt anything unless you suck up a gallon of water, or over oil your filter.
Your muffler can't hurt anything either..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.