Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm new to this web site....i've been looking to see what i can do to my '07 Cobalt, getting a few ideas. if you have one you should hit me up...but here you go....:embarrest:

hopefully, you guys can view it...i think i did it right...?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

one major suggestion: a drop doesnt hurt, lol

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
oh thank you…i'll go ahead and check that out. question…what do you think of yellow being the other color? you know the color scheme?
just depends on what YOU like. i think i could like it if it were tastefully done. would have to be light on the yellow for me. just a few accents. l like blue with silver personally. but its not my car. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Oooohhhh....i see. welp i'm at a lost now....hummm...
Just paint the drums black so they are not rusty, and paint the caliper whatever color you want.

another question...how do you take off the bowties and color them???? do you have to use, like, a paint brush?
The rear bowtie is held on by some 3M double sided tape. Just heat it up and pull it off.

The front is held on by 2 10mm bolts behind the grill.

To paint them, mask off the chrome (or paint the whole thing) sand it down a little bit, clean, then spray paint.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Please do not paint the drums a bright color. Calipers are one thing, but drums are not something to bring attention to..
agreed.:bigsmile:
-----Added 3 Apr 2009 at 02:58:05-----
Just paint the drums black so they are not rusty, and paint the caliper whatever color you want.

The rear bowtie is held on by some 3M double sided tape. Just heat it up and pull it off.

The front is held on by 2 10mm bolts behind the grill.

To paint them, mask off the chrome (or paint the whole thing) sand it down a little bit, clean, then spray paint.
also dont forget to clear coat the bowtie. i was lazy the first time i did my front. and didnt clear coat. paint sprayed off the first time i washed my car! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.