Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 09 Cobalt XFE, 2.2L almost a year ago, and have recently sparked an interest in some modifications. I was just wondering where I can start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't have any pics yet, my camera that had them was stolen =/ But I'll get some up soon. And thanks for the link

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm looking at debadging it soon, but then getting a CAI, and some other engine mods.

Also, I have a limited supply of money, because I just got fired. Do you think it is worth making my own CAI, or saving up some money and eventually getting an aftermarket?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, thanks Will. But I got over it awhile ago. So I've decided on debadging, probably today. And then if I feel like getting frustrated, the air box mod

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
I'm looking at debadging it soon, but then getting a CAI, and some other engine mods.

Also, I have a limited supply of money, because I just got fired. Do you think it is worth making my own CAI, or saving up some money and eventually getting an aftermarket?
yeah i suggest making your own intake, pretty much the same thing, and maybe a 2.4 manifold

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I'm really considering making my own. The only problem is that I have few tools, so I'll probably just end up heading to a friends house. And I did the air box mod. After driving 11 months on a stock car, I immediately noticed the difference

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome brother, along with that airbox mod throw in a K&N Drop In Filter and you'll get a little more go, enough to notice a difference, i was satisfied with mine until i got my Injen CAI, I still have my K&N drop in filter, PM me if you're interested. I can prolly sell it to you I have no use for it lol :-D

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the offer Chaotic. I'll probably just pick one up when I buy the parts for my intake. One question tho, about how much tubing will be required from the end of the 90 degree elbow? because the autozone by my house only sells it in 6" sections.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.