Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been quietly lurking in the shadows for a few days now just observing the forums and searching around for recommendations and DIY stuff. There's a lot of good things to see and read on this forum

A bit about my new car:

I just recently bought a 2009 Cobalt LS MT from my local chevy dealership. Original sticker price was $16,330 but because my grandfather is a retired GM employee I get GMS price which was $15,148 or so. Knock off another $4750 from rebates and after down payment I now own a brand new Cobalt and only owe right around $10k. I've made the decision not to do any major modifications to my car until it is paid off (yes i know, quite sad). Once I get it paid off though I already have a list of mods that is growing larger every day (many of them inspired by users on this website).

The only modifications I plan on making before paying it off are just minor and visual, such as a shorty antenna (I cannot stand the stock fish-pole version)

That being said I may appear here and there to ask a question or two about different mods or what brands are better for performance and such, I've already answered a ton of my own questions with the help of the extremely useful search feature :p

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome to yc

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Welcome. Glad to see it came without the annoying parking strips on the doors. I gotta take mine off this summer.

Have you thought about taking the badges off?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome. Glad to see it came without the annoying parking strips on the doors. I gotta take mine off this summer.

Have you thought about taking the badges off?
The dealership was trying to convince me to go with a different balt that had the door strips and the dealership floor mats, i declined lol. my aftermarket floor mats are way better anyways

I think ill be leaving the badges on, most people hate them but i really like them. The only one i might remove is the XFE badge since it looks kind of cheap and crappy. I did remove the annoying dealership emblem they put on, and i'll ditch the dealership license plate frames when my real plates come in.

Most people really hate the side GM emblems, but i kinda like em

car mats:

Driver side:

Passenger side:

Rear:

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I like those better than stock, that's for sure. That XFE badge is a little crappy, and I have heard that they separate pretty bad. Mine was already raised at one corner when I took it off, and mines an 08.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the dealer emblem that i took off was a PAIN. it separated really bad and left me with a bunch of gunk to scrub off the paint... thats why i havent touched the XFE badge yet since its the same material as the dealer one.

on a side note, the only thing that truly bugged me about my cobalt is that damned fish-pole antenna that comes stock. I really dont understand why GM put such a huge antenna on it. I got my 12" stubby in today and it gets just as good of a reception and helps maintain the sportier look of the coupe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.