Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I have an 06 cobalt ss with the 2.0L i bought a few months back. Got a screaming deal on it being that it had major running issues. So i went through all the motions and diag with that. Needed plugs, throttle body cleaning, new oxygen sensor, and the tune for the stage 2 kit had to be revamped. Car ran great until last weekend. It developed a small timing chain chatter and started having intermittent surging spells. Then it thew the CEL and it was a crank to cam timing correlation. so i cracked the motor open to see what was going on with the noise... chain noise almost always equals causes poor timing. What i found was shocking. The timing chain guide upper bolt broke, and the guide itself was in three pieces. No way was i going to pull the head and deal with all that. So i did some research and found a guy who made this special bolt that threaded into the access plug hole and took the place of the original bolt, that is apparently a common issue with the ecotec family! Problem is, i could not find it for sale anywhere.... so i redesigned what i saw on the video and started making them myself. 3 days of R&D, and a week of trying to break that bolt>:) and this motor is running strong and smooth! I am trying to hit as many forums as i can to get the word out on this simple fix and share it with the ecotec community to same people ALOT of time and $$$$$. They are available to purchase, contact me at [email protected]. Pictures are available as well!!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You are probably breaking every forum rule with your post, I"ll let Admin deal with it since I think you have a good idea. But please read the rules and post accordingly.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably breaking every forum rule with your post, I"ll let Admin deal with it since I think you have a good idea. But please read the rules and post accordingly.
OH BOY!!! I do apoligize! This is all very very new to me. thanks for the heads up, i will read through them shortly!
Sorry Bout That!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.