Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just traded in a 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS and bought a 2010 Cobalt LT sedan yesterday. So far im loving it! I put about 100 miles on it today (had a lot of errands to run) and im taking a 400 mile trip in two days. For once i think im actually excited to fill up the tank because so far this little car is getting about double the mpg that my Monte Carlo was getting. Well i guess thats all i have to say for now! Any advice on owning a cobalt would be appreciated!

-Will

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on it... havent even gotten a chance to take pics yet (it rained all day here)

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's a couple pics of my currently stock cobalt! I haven't even had a chance to give it a proper bath yet!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heck... i haven't even gotten a chance to peel the stupid dealer decal off of it yet!

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

just updated my garage with pics and all the info needed to know on my car :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol thanks... not a lot of sedans on this site... i think us 4 door guys gotta stick together!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got bored and played with photoshop for a few mins and slammed my cobalt... looks pretty good low

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha yea, i would never lower it that much... i was just playing around. I am looking at an Eibach spring kit but that might be a while and i have to check my warrantee before i start doing anything

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
haha yea, i would never lower it that much... i was just playing around. I am looking at an Eibach spring kit but that might be a while and i have to check my warrantee before i start doing anything
Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go ahead and put springs on. The dealer would have to prove that the springs were the cause of a problem (Hypothetically if you took the car in for a broken window crank...they can not void your entire cars warranty because of springs.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think im gonna ask them about it when i take it in for my first oil change... i cant imagine why lowering a car by 1.5" would void a warrantee if its a high quality aftermarket part installed by the dealer (if they will install them)

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
i think im gonna ask them about it when i take it in for my first oil change... i cant imagine why lowering a car by 1.5" would void a warrantee if its a high quality aftermarket part installed by the dealer (if they will install them)
HAHA, get ready to pay out the rear for a Dealer install. (Even if they would do it which i doubt they would) Even a regular autobody shop is gonna charge you something crazy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea... good point, i could def have them installed somewhere cheaper... i just figured it might be easier on the warrantee if the dealer did it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.