Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys! My name is Mike , I have a black 2 door 2005 LS cobalt. I like the car other than the rattle noise in the steering column and the clunking noises she makes when I hit pot holes or bumps. I google everything and found you guys while researching this problem... She has 158,000 miles on her , and thats a virgin in my eyes being my last car was a 1993 s10 blazer with 275,000 miles on it , that was my daily worker ( had to work on it every day other than engine work) Anyway this is what I replaced on the cobalt so far : both lower control arm bushings (used a vise and blocks of wood to press them in) My control arm bushings were all dry rotted and the passengers side bushing just fell out when I removed the control arm.. The noise is still there ... So I got some MOOG swaybar links (swore it was the clunking) The noise is still there ... I guess my next try is sway bar bushings as I seen it solved another members mystery clunk, another cool thing is while I was under the car working I noticed the front struts have oil staining on the tops of them where the shaft goes in the body.. looks like strut replacement time soon aswell. I almost feel like I should have kept the S10 lol, it only ate every dollar I made the last 3 years to keep it on the rode, looks like another money muncher:unsure:

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Welcome to YC! Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
175 Posts
welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.