Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

912 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Parthros 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I'm a new member here my name is Valerie and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the great ideas I was in a bad accident over a year ago and I've been in the hispital since , I have spent many hours on this site so far the only thing that has been done to my car is install hand controlls I do have universal 90 degree lambo door kits that will hopefully be installed by this weekend to make it easier to get in and out with a wheelchair when I am released from the hospital
Thank you
Valerie

#2 ·
I'm really sorry to hear you got hurt that badly in your accident. You are living a your parents worst nightmare. I hope this never happens to my girls when I'm still alive. I wish you all the courage in the world to help you through the upcoming challenges. Thanks for being on here. What were you driving at the time of your accident?

#5 ·
glad to hear your doing better, hope everything works out for you, its good to see another person interested in the forums we are glad they have helped, if you ever need anything just ask.

#6 ·
Thank you there's so much I want to do right now so that its the way I want it when I get out of here and can drive it i want to lower it with lowering springs but the springs will have to wait for a while till i can afford them I am a little nervous about driving again after the accident but I'm sure I will be ok :) I would like to thank My friends Doug and Chris for all the free work they are doing on my cobalt to make it the way I want it and getting it ready for me when I get out of here

#7 ·
After seeing all the beautiful cobalts on here I really want to lower mine I know I should wait till I can afford new lowering springs but its going to be awhile :sad2: my friend Doug who has done so much work on my car installing the hand controls and the door kits ( the drivers door is done ) said if i want he can cut the springs to lower it so my question is, is it really that bad to cut the stock springs to lower it and how much should be cut off of them thank you :)

#8 · (Edited)
Just so you know, there's a whole section for that type of question:
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

Anyway, yes, cutting stock springs is dangerous. It's much safer to save up for the lowering springs and FE5 (Cobalt SS/TC) struts and shocks. You need the FE5 struts and shocks if your Cobalt is a base model (LS, LT, XFE) because the base model struts and shocks will blow out pretty quickly with lowering springs.

If you have an SS, then you don't need to upgrade the struts and shocks, but if it's a 2005-2007 SS, the FE5 stuff from the SS/TC would be a good upgrade.

I'd suggest Canuck Motorsport springs. They ride similar to stock, give a good drop, and are very inexpensive.

Canuck Motorsport Springs - $180 shipped
- $68 Amazon Warehouse Deal
- $85 Amazon Warehouse Deal
- $30 each Amazon Warehouse Deal

#10 ·
From time to time. Once you get to 25(?) posts, you'll have access to the "For Sale" part of the forum. There's nothing on there right now, but you never know. It might also be worth it to see if there's a local Cobalt/Ecotec Facebook group that has a "For Sale" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.