Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen the new 2010 cobalts with mylink package, its sweet! Custom wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls, 1 yr of xm, turn by turn nav, and usb port as well as bluetooth. Its sweet we just got a few in and they are SWEET!:nuts:

·
Registered
381 Posts
My 09' has all that except the XM receiver, which I did not want. It looks like the normal radio face, the USB port is merely on the opposite side from the optical input. This car has it, you can see the black plug where the USB port is (comes with the car):

The USB iPod connectivity is AWESOME - it reproduces the full iPod menus on the radio screen and you can scroll through all your playlists, artists, etc. without ever taking your hands off the wheel. Because it's USB, it also charges your iPod while you drive. It can also do the same with portable hard drives or USB keys. It was an option on early 2009s (a.k.a. mine), but still, best $115 I've EVER spent. Seriously, the AUX port is garbage and you'll never want to use one again after having this.

I tried the turn-by-turn navigation before my trial ran out and it was kind of lame... I'd definitely rather just use a GPS unit.

The Bluetooth is amazing, especially now that Ontario passed a law banning holding cell phones while driving. You set it up once and from then on all you do is make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on - it synchs to the car automatically. You can dial by voice by reading out the number, or program in words to go with numbers (i.e. "Home", "Julia"). When you receive a call it mutes the stereo for you and rings through the speakers, you just hit the phone button on the wheel to answer.

Oh, and for those who have the USB port, some likely don't know you can use the wheel controls to go through the iPod menus... I didn't find out until I'd owned the car for 8 months :laugh:. You hold UP to select something, DOWN to go back a menu level (i.e. from an album's songs to the artist's album list), and tap up or down to scroll.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
My 09' has all that except the XM receiver, which I did not want. It looks like the normal radio face, the USB port is merely on the opposite side from the optical input. This car has it, you can see the black plug where the USB port is (comes with the car):

The USB iPod connectivity is AWESOME - it reproduces the full iPod menus on the radio screen and you can scroll through all your playlists, artists, etc. without ever taking your hands off the wheel. Because it's USB, it also charges your iPod while you drive. It can also do the same with portable hard drives or USB keys. It was an option on early 2009s (a.k.a. mine), but still, best $115 I've EVER spent. Seriously, the AUX port is garbage and you'll never want to use one again after having this.

I tried the turn-by-turn navigation before my trial ran out and it was kind of lame... I'd definitely rather just use a GPS unit.

The Bluetooth is amazing, especially now that Ontario passed a law banning holding cell phones while driving. You set it up once and from then on all you do is make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on - it synchs to the car automatically. You can dial by voice by reading out the number, or program in words to go with numbers (i.e. "Home", "Julia"). When you receive a call it mutes the stereo for you and rings through the speakers, you just hit the phone button on the wheel to answer.

Oh, and for those who have the USB port, some likely don't know you can use the wheel controls to go through the iPod menus... I didn't find out until I'd owned the car for 8 months :laugh:. You hold UP to select something, DOWN to go back a menu level (i.e. from an album's songs to the artist's album list), and tap up or down to scroll.
hell yea its awesome! i dont have it but my aftermarket stereo does lol

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I test drove one of these bad boys..The dealership tried to charge 30k

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
I'm saving up to add iPod control to my 07. It's the Personal Audio Link interface from GM, only works with US8 & US9 radios. The interface plus installation is $225. I won't have the USB port, but at least I can control my iPod as mentioned above! :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wonder how much gm charges for the stock radio with usb...probably more than a aftermarket radio. Anyone add the stock bluetooth to their balt?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah i'm sure that GM would charge way more for the radio than an aftermarket one. it usually is that way.

the usb thing seems really nice, my 09 has the port though so that's better than nothing.

my car had 3 months of XM free when i got it. and onstar is free for one year.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm saving up to add iPod control to my 07. It's the Personal Audio Link interface from GM, only works with US8 & US9 radios. The interface plus installation is $225. I won't have the USB port, but at least I can control my iPod as mentioned above! :)
I was just kicking around on ebay earlier and found exactly what your talking about for like $40...ill try and find it again cause $225 is a bunch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.