Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day!

My daughter has just bought a 2006 Cobalt LS.
I don't know much about the car at this point but I do know the best place for information is Forums.

She has a problem right off the starting line. When she unlocks the doors ( pwr door locks ) the horn starts to beep and gets louder, untill she gets in and turns the car on. I am assuming that it has some sort of factory alarm.

Has anyone delt with this problem and could give me any advice on where to begin to fix this problem?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Understand this first without diagnosing the offending car in question I can only guess. If the vehicle is equipped with a factory alarm then it could be a few things and a dealer should be able to diagnose the vehicle. If its got an aftermarket alarm like viper or some other junk get that removed as soon as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understand this first without diagnosing the offending car in question I can only guess. If the vehicle is equipped with a factory alarm then it could be a few things and a dealer should be able to diagnose the vehicle. If its got an aftermarket alarm like viper or some other junk get that removed as soon as possible.
It seams to be a factory alarm, ( she just got the car used yesterday, no owners manual ) I am not one to take any vehicle to the dealer, have not found a dealer I can trust. I am a mechanic, and have several programs and readers for cars. I have the Auto Enginuity program on a laptop as well ( but don't have the chevy enhanced).
What I am looking for is any information and if anyone has experienced this problem. And a starting point. Or just something that could be simple to fix. ( for example my VW has the same problem at times but in the VW fourm I have found lubricating a switch fixes the problem.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really seems like something is actually wrong with the alarm itself. If you picked up any type of warranty from the used dealer, i suggest using it now. Its what its for. But it seems like its getting power to make the noise. So im guessing its not any fuses?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really seems like something is actually wrong with the alarm itself. If you picked up any type of warranty from the used dealer, i suggest using it now. Its what its for. But it seems like its getting power to make the noise. So im guessing its not any fuses?
I will have her check if there is any warrenty on the car but I don't think it does. She got it from a small local shop that sells used cars as well. It isn't even a good shop. But kids don't listen. It seams like a very nice car though, just this is driving her nuts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm just gonna throw this idea out, i could be completely wrong but it popped into my head. its sounds like the anti theft is stuck on. i was wondering if she got a keyless entry remote with it, i'm guessing not, but my theory is the anti theft is stuck on cause its not getting shut off with the key fob. Once again i could be completely wrong but it was a thought i had.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Did she come with a keyless remote?If not you have to go to the dealer and get one for 30 or 40 dollars,usually when you lock the door on the inside and you go to open the door then the alarm goes off,the way you can solve the problem is to get a keyless entry remote or if she doesn't want to pay the 30 dollars or so she would have to reach over to unlock the lock the door then,with out hitting the door lock for the power lock then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.