Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys! I'm a proud owner of an '08 Victory Red Cobalt Sport Coupe. I've had the car since Jan. 23rd, but I was in an accident on the 25th; my fault, long story involving an unfamiliar road and not being familiar with the car yet. Anyway, after my $500 deductible and State Farm's $3800, the car is back and almost good as new. The dealer that did the repairs is having a hard time finding a part number for the air deflector that goes under the radiator and mounts to the subframe/engine cradle. It's a straight piece that has a metal surface that mounts to the front of the engine subframe/cradle, and the bottom part is rubber or plastic. I need somebody who maybe works in a Chevy dealership in the parts department to find that number for me, or if somebody who owns an '08 Sport Coupe can look under the car, there should be a sticker on the deflector itself that has the part number. I found the deflector on "GM Parts Direct", but there's no part number. Thanks for any help you can give me!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i would leave it be, i tore mine off, just cause it caught on those stupid concrete blocks in parking lots.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
'08 Cobalt LE5 lower radiator deflector PN 25792391

This item is all plastic and is held on by the lower radiator mounts and 2 plastic fasteners.

I rechecked 25792391 and it doesn't show up for ordering (got it off the GM parts database). The 07 LE5 SS uses part # 22699897 and this part number shows up. Must be why your dealer is having trouble getting it too. Have them order the 07 SS version and see if it works -- I believe it will.

Red07SSNA added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

i would leave it be, i tore mine off, just cause it caught on those stupid concrete blocks in parking lots.
Stop driving up on concrete blocks...LOL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Red! That's exactly the info I needed! You're right, it's all plastic, and the parts list I have from the repair shows the same number (25792391) that I tried to check and couldn't find either. I'll call them in the morning with the number you found and see if they can get it for me pronto!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The air deflector is very effective in cooling the engine by helping to channel/direct air through the radiator. I just avoid concrete blocks..lol
it tore off on the freeway

but to give it kudos, it was an effective plow for moving snow, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.