Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a proud new owner of '10 black LS coupe. I'm impressed with how much car you get for this price (after all the rebates and specials going on).

Admitedly, this is my first american car, before this only japanese and korean autos. So I have kind of a stupid question, that I have never seen.

The 12v accessory/cig lighter plug never shuts off on the Cobalt? Is this normal or do I have to bring it back to the dealer to have it looked at? I have never seen this on any other car that I have owned.

If this is normal what do you guys do if you have something constantly plugged in? (save the remember to unplug it, I'm lazy as hell :p). And the "add a plug function" surely voids warranty for electricals. Am I out of options?

thanks in advance for helpful replies!

·
Registered
678 Posts
thats normal. normally just hardwire anything u need

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Its all on the time which i thought was weird too. But i leave my Gps or my Cell phone charger in all the time never had a problem

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Welcome

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks for the replies, never imagined it would be so fast. Good to know it's not defective of something...

ahahah ... XFE.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the reply guys and girls!

Wow this is a really friendly forum, i've been on hyundai performance and b15sentra.net etc... and usually noobs get a good flaming before they are accepted (think.. hazing...) anyhow I hope I can help out in the future.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome!!!! And yeah just unplug everything to be safe! And Black is soooo sexy on the Balt!!! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
without starting a new post this is a good place to ask this question

i left my car sitting for a few days and tried to charge my phone for about an hour. came back and it killed the battery... ok lesson learned..

well i wanted to charge my cell phone after its only been sitting for a handful of hours after being driven during the early part of the afternoon. I only charged my phone for about 2 minutes.

will that do anything at all? i only did this to raise the few bars on my phone because my phone is wierd sometimes and yes, I ALWAys unplug the charger and every accessory before exiting

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
My ipod base/charger is always plugged in havent had a problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Black is great ... except dirty as soon as i wash it

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Lets all remember 50% of batteries sold in new cars will die in the first year

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
had my car since 2007 never needed a new battery

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.