Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once a year during the summer really push my hypermiling just to see what I can get.

I just finished that tank and here are the results.
12.110 gal to fill tank back up
61.25 mpg average
741.7 miles

Here is a pic of my range after I filled up.

Also....
I got a new job starting tomorrow.

My new job will probably lower my average by 5 mpg but instead of 70 miles round trip it will only be 40 miles.
Instead of 1.3 gal of gas a day I will only be using roughly 0.8 gal. Save 130+ gal of gas a year, I'll take that deal.
Also, it is only about 6 miles from where my wife works so depending on my schedule we may be able to carpool once or twice a week.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If GM finds where he lives they'll crush that mistake.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Coby is right, you better hide that car at night!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
check out some of his posts, bumping my tire pressure from 32psi to 40psi like he suggested put me up 2mpg

Congrats! whats your daily commute like? 90% hwy and all flat? what kinda of fuel?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You also loss about 2k miles off the life of your tires, FYI

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You also loss about 2k miles off the life of your tires, FYI
Doesnt matter to me, I'm about to start doing 90% hwy driving so I wont even notice. The days im hard on the car probably steal that much off them anyway

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
He's going to find his awfully hard on gas now that his co-workers won't be adding gas to his tank just on lunch breaks to tease his mph record. lol. I babied my Cobalt last night for 270 miles on cruise under 60 mph and the best I could get was less than half of what he's claiming. (29.6mpgUS). I think he get's his car towed up the Rocky Mountains and coast all the way back.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
He's going to find his awfully hard on gas now that his co-workers won't be adding gas to his tank just to tease his mph record. lol I babied my Cobalt last night for 270 miles on cruise under 60 mph and the best I could get was less than half of what he's claiming. (29.6mpgUS).
I get that being hard on my car with 100% city driving only

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got 34.9 on my way to the beach and sat in traffic for a while now I'm back home and down to 30.8mpg which is pretty good since it was at 23.5

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
37.3 mpgCdn in town???
6.3l/100Kms???
Swear to god. When im super easy im in the low 40's. $6.00 in fuel to go 106km which was the old road from halifax to lunenburg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Once a year during the summer really push my hypermiling just to see what I can get.

I just finished that tank and here are the results.
12.110 gal to fill tank back up
61.25 mpg average
741.7 miles

Here is a pic of my range after I filled up.

Also....
I got a new job starting tomorrow.

My new job will probably lower my average by 5 mpg but instead of 70 miles round trip it will only be 40 miles.
Instead of 1.3 gal of gas a day I will only be using roughly 0.8 gal. Save 130+ gal of gas a year, I'll take that deal.
Also, it is only about 6 miles from where my wife works so depending on my schedule we may be able to carpool once or twice a week.
That's about $500. a year in savings...put up an antenna and nix the cable and you're looking at another grand per year.. brown bag it and you're savving another $2k. per annum.. stay at it for 25 years and at 7% compounded interest and you're looking at more than a quarter million dollars.. :bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.