Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love it, i just started today....it is dead lift, bench, and squat for a competition every friday against about 20 other people in other schools.

i am in the 198 weight class

i dead lift about 330

i bench 250

i squat...???...idk, havnt squated in about 6 months haha

i looked at this sheet and the heaviest bench in my class was about 270 which isnt bad and the DL is about 400 something which isnt that bad either, although the squat is around 400 which is crazy...i am pretty sure i can only squat like 250

haha if u guys do this stuff or just luv lifting then hit me up

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i go to the gym and am trying to get some size on me. But im definatly not a power lifter. I do bench, but i dont do dealifts, or squats, or military press.

Im not crazy into it being im not a big guy. Im 5'8 and 145 pounds. all i know is my max bench is 195.

Oh and my sisters friend is a legit powerlifter. He goes to competitions all the time, and a member of a big powerlifter gym on the island. And hes actually shattered some state and national records for his weight class, and non steroid class.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Nice man! No power lifter here. But i live at the gym pretty much ...
just look at my avatar lol

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Yall ever tried superpump 250 and sizeOn? I just started taking them and they are LEGIIIIIT!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was lifting pretty hard for awhile...I'm about 200lbs and was benching about 275....But lately it's been about losing some weight, so diet and running for me....No fun

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I was lifting pretty hard for awhile...I'm about 200lbs and was benching about 275....But lately it's been about losing some weight, so diet and running for me....No fun
Word, i hate dieting and cutting.
Love to eat man! lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Word, i hate dieting and cutting.
Love to eat man! lol
Yeah, I've been trying a "moderation" diet for right now...Foods I like, but cut the portions in half. One half for lunch and the other for dinner. If it doesnt work out I'll just got back to my usual of Power Bar lunch and healthy choice dinner.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Yeah, I've been trying a "moderation" diet for right now...Foods I like, but cut the portions in half. One half for lunch and the other for dinner. If it doesnt work out I'll just got back to my usual of Power Bar lunch and healthy choice dinner.
Yeah man that sounds about right. Hardest part is sticking to it. Gotta stick to it!!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
used to work out alot. Only way I gain weight actually is by lifting it. When I moved to nc and got to make my schedule for the remainder of my HS days I picked weight lifting as one of the classes for both semesters. Working out everyday but the weekend though is not exactly good for ya.

Once my life settles again and I know where I well be I plain to join a gym as all my weights and equipment at home got sold on me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I miss working out every day/ every other day... I didn't really bench anything crazy, just used to do weights I could do 4 sets of 10 reps, I probably couldnt lift more than 180, I pretty much concentrated on being lean- which went really good for me till I graduated HS. College is turning me into a fat bum, when it warms up I'm hitting the park and doing intense cardio/ everything possible on the bars.. If I don't get results before summer, I'll just join a gym and go all out. I miss having a solid amount of muscle, now I just feel like a bum :sad2:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Never power lifted, been working out my whole life, a couple of minor set backs have detoured or kept me away from where I want to be (injuries). I hate power lifting, its so trematic for your joints and what not I don't condone it haha.

I worked at GNC General Nutrition Center for about 3 years my manager/roommate/childhood friend was a body builder type of guy fing ripped 175 benching 350 max's

GCOBALT
the super pump and size on were always good stuff. One of my favs were NOxplode that stuff is delicious and got me freaked out before a work out. For protien supplements I really like Freak Fix but since I worked at GNC I got all my stuff for practically free :) so it was easy for me to try whatever I wanted for whatever price I wanted.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Never power lifted, been working out my whole life, a couple of minor set backs have detoured or kept me away from where I want to be (injuries). I hate power lifting, its so trematic for your joints and what not I don't condone it haha.

I worked at GNC General Nutrition Center for about 3 years my manager/roommate/childhood friend was a body builder type of guy fing ripped 175 benching 350 max's

GCOBALT
the super pump and size on were always good stuff. One of my favs were NOxplode that stuff is delicious and got me freaked out before a work out. For protien supplements I really like Freak Fix but since I worked at GNC I got all my stuff for practically free :) so it was easy for me to try whatever I wanted for whatever price I wanted.
LUCKYYY!! Thats awesome man

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice man, congrats. Youll get up there. I used to lift every day for football. Being a lineman coach MADE us do squats and powercleans which were my favorite. I used to bench 295 but im afraid to see how much (or little) i can lift now. My squat was around 450 which wasnt good compared to everyone else. Power cleans were almost at 225 before i stopped lifting

·
Registered
439 Posts
Class of 06

My wieght was 138 pds and benched 250.. Not bragging but no 140pder
in my school could lift that much.. Never did squats ar deadlift because if ****ed my back up in 9th grade doing it so never did it again.. Never liked situps either, only thing I did was pullups and bench and leg press

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Class of 06

My wieght was 138 pds and benched 250.. Not bragging but no 140pder
in my school could lift that much.. Never did squats ar deadlift because if ****ed my back up in 9th grade doing it so never did it again.. Never liked situps either, only thing I did was pullups and bench and leg press
No you deserve to brag! lol im at 156 right now and i can barely put up 200, but I havnt lifted in a while. (since may when I graduated)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ lol just curious but how tall are you guys..

Black and boosted^

Cause I'm a little over 5' 9" and I haven't benched crap since the end of mid 08 and I remember maxing out at around 160-170. I was shorter and just 17, but still thats not a lot for my build lol... I'm sure I could do more now, but its probably going to be a low number :huh:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
^ lol just curious but how tall are you guys..

Black and boosted^

cause i'm a little over 5' 9" and i haven't benched crap since the end of mid 08 and i remember maxing out at around 160-170. I was shorter and just 17, but still thats not a lot for my build lol... I'm sure i could do more now, but its probably going to be a low number :huh:
5'10", last I checked I was at 156, hoping to get to 170 in muscle gonna take alot of work tho, when I graduated which was last may I was at 145ish but im sure its in fat cause im basically livin off fast food and I dont lift that much anymore, just the past month I started up again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.