Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if anyone got a letter from GM HQ in the past week or so, but they announced another silent recall pertaining to the fuel pump having a leak. I got mine 28 March 2013. It pertains to a noticeable fuel odor while vehicle is being driven or after parked. CEL may illuminate on cluster. If crack is large enough, may make a small puddle and vehicle performance may be affected.

There are 2 ways their dealing with this situation according to the letter. 1 way is a safety recall in certain states with altitude and elevated temperatures are effected. 2 is special coverage in the remaining states to where the vehicle will be inspected, diagnosed, and repaired at no cost to the owner.

On the letter, there should be in bold that Your vehicle is covered by this special coverage. There should be an attached form on page 2 and should be titled General Motors Product Field Action Customer Reimbursement Request Form. Fill it out and submit to dealer in order for reimbursement to occur, but most Chevrolet dealerships will waive your fee.

I hope this helps to some who are experiencing an issue with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the same letter in the mail today. I may have mine in to be inspected.
You must have had a problem with GM before lol...mine was allover the key stuck in ignition switch. That was when it was a TSB and not a recall at the time. I called and complained like any other customer, I just simply told them that this would be the last gm product I would purchase, that scare tactic worked and got a refund within a week :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hhmm might have to see about this might be why my MPG is so low only driving highway thanks for the info bro
no problem man.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just got my letter today but I don't appear to have any issues yet

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got that letter also, my fuel pump was cracked so I got it repaired under the special coverage for free...letter actually came at a perfect time because I just noticed a strong fuel smell coming from my car like a month earlier

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Moving this to Recalls & Service Bulletins.. Can anyone find this online so I can put the official thing up for people to see?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I kept checking for an exhaust leak, but it was a bit too strong for that. Scheduled to head in next week. I'm not sure how invasive they need to get for the inspection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as I know you get the letter if your car falls in a certain VIN range, it was a recall for cobalts in certain hot weather states but they extended it as a special coverage because some cars fell in the VIN range but weren't in the hot weather states...like my car for instance (I live in MD)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.