Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the story. I just had purchased some rims, took them for a ride after installing them, they were making some noise at higher speeds (dryer noise) so I got them them rebalanced... took it up on the highway again just a little bit of noise. One of the tires has about 6ozs of weight on it, and the others about two. The rims have two different types of tires on them, and have uneven wear, (from what I was told by the Mechanic who rebalanced the rims). The rims dont wobble at all and roll straight pulling to the left a little (with fairly good tread on the tires) but my car did that a little when I bought it. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Should I just get new tires?:eek:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
not too sure but i can say this. when i first bought my car, i had two differen types of tires on it, and they were very unevnly worn, and never had a problem. of course when i got all new tires the car drove alot nicer, but that happens no matter what with new tires.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that really helps... this is just my first time actually owning real rims, with the low profile performance tires, wasn't to sure what to expect.

·
Registered
51 Posts
thanks that really helps... this is just my first time actually owning real rims, with the low profile performance tires, wasn't to sure what to expect.
low profile tires are always going to be a little louder. Even more so if they are a cheaper tire. I'd get new set of tires and i bet that will take care of the problem

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^^^^ hahah nice sig.

thats some funny shit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.