Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so guys, i got the 05 cobalt SS rims for my cobalt, the car looks great. i will post pics later on tonight.

so on the way home from Paul Conte Chevrolet (official chevrolet dealership) i noticed the steering wheels shakes a lil ( as if the rotors are warped, they are not warped because 1] i changed the rotors 3 months ago because they were warped and 2] it only happens while in motion)

so after testing different speeds, the steering wheel shakes 50-65 mph. before 45 and after 70 its perfect. 55 mph is the worst!!!!

heres the clues. old rims were 205/55r16, it went to a official chevrolet dealership service dept, all 4 tires are the same 215/40r18, tires and rims were high speed balanced on the machine and mounted correctly, as i watched the whole process...

can someone help, im running out of ideas for a remedy.

thanks

Mel.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I think they did a poor job at balancing them, because you are describing the symptoms of an unbalanced wheel. Bring it back!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they did a poor job at balancing them, because you are describing the symptoms of an unbalanced wheel. Bring it back!
i will call them tomorrow and make an appointment. i figured that because the technician that did it couldnt mount the tires w/o help AND he couldnt work the tire balance machine....shit!!!! i gotta go wed

thanks coby....once again u saved me

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Make sure it's not the same guy at the helm.

·
Registered
675 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.