Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '07 LS with stock tires on it. I changed the rims to 15 inch rims but I now am looking to upgrade to 17's. Did anybody put 17 inch rims on a LS and if so what size tires did you use so that there is no rubbing or anything like that? thanks a lot

M

·
0 Posts
see, now i requested an info thread on this long ago and nobody ever did it :(

a good wheel and tire info thread including each wheel and tire size combo that would fit each balt model

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You have the 4 lug pattern, right?

Are you getting the 5 lug adapter, or are the rims gonna stay 4 lug?

Are your wheels gonna be near the same dimensions as the Cobalt SS/NA?

If you said yes to the last one, then go with the same size tire used on the cobalt SS/NA, dealer will know what size that is

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rims

i might have some 17 inch konig reason rim that i had on my ls for sale let me knw

what kind of shape are they in man? they're the 4x100 bolt pattern, right? Also, what size tires did you run on them and what do you want for them?

R

·
0 Posts
i had 17's on an lt so i'm pretty sure 17's will fit yours as long as you find universal 4 lug or 4 lug ones

·
Registered
135 Posts
I took a quick peek on tirerack to see what they recommend. The widest thing they have as an option is 225, I'd use that as a guideline.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have 17's on my 07 LS and no problems with rubbing or anything. i even lowered the front 2 inches and the rear is lowered 2.5 inches

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
They were called ADR Spoker or something like that, I don't know tried to look it up, before I bought them, and came up with nothing, I do believe the guy was literally on crack when I purchased them. Got them for 300 dollars with tires, pretty good comdition, got them rebalanced for my car and such looked at them some more (one had six ounces of weight on it, whiles others had about 2) discovered the one was bent. Got my money back!

·
Registered
62 Posts
18s, 215-40 r18 rubber

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have 17", with 215/45. I was looking towards 225, but for budget reasons I stopped at 215.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.