Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought new seat cover and i have to remove the bottom od the rear seat to fully install them. how do i remove the bottom?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Remove the seats from the car or remove the bottom cushion? There are two bolts on the back of the seats that need to be taken out then the seat will slide back and you'll be able to rotate it up. Then you need take a few bolts off of the bottom on either side of the cushion, that's pretty self explanatory after that I think.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah pops out! Pull up from back of seat and push the front part towards the back of car. There is a notch that prevents it from coming straight up. It will take some wiggle.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My rear seat cushion just pops out. The only thing to unbolt is the brace that holds up the folding seat backs. It's a pain to mess with though.

You can remove the back seat backs without removing the brace. Here's a link on YouTube. http://youtu.be/7hHQdxCIxnE

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Skip to around 2:24

For the bottom cushion, just push the seat cushion back(towards the trunk) from the front edge while pulling up to unhook the seat frame from the hook. You'll have two points on the seat to release. More or less, the hook points are centered on the left passenger and right passenger seat sections.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.