Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I really need to get some new front seats for my LS the gray REALLY does not tickle my fancy.... in fact i hate it...very much so, SO I'm in the market for some new front seats, I've already replaced my back seats with the black sport line ones from a local junk yard and may be going back to pick up the front two as well if my search comes up short, but what I was wondering was is if anyone would have any suggestions for brands or styles, I'm looking for something like the black n' blue insert SS seats (if anyone has any for sale :blink1:) but i don't want to spend a whole whack load of money, I'd say $500(Canadian) is my absolute limit anyone got any suggestions?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Or the G85 Recaros...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd love to get some SS seats or Recaros but i don't know where i can find any for cheap. I'm thinkin maybe I'll get my seats professionally re-upholstered, anyone done this? think its a good idea?, because the SS seats and LS are the exact same just different cover on them right?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'd love to get some SS seats or Recaros but i don't know where i can find any for cheap. I'm thinkin maybe I'll get my seats professionally re-upholstered, anyone done this? think its a good idea?, because the SS seats and LS are the exact same just different cover on them right?
I say reupholster. if you can find someone to do it. otherwise some custom fit seat covers may fair you cheaper and look about the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe so. There are some recaro's on eBay right now.
Ones on Ebay look good except i live in Canada, people on ebay seem to have a problem with that:notrust: so ebay(.com) isn't really an option plus there's only full sets, but i only need the front seats:suspicious:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I say reupholster. if you can find someone to do it. otherwise some custom fit seat covers may fair you cheaper and look about the same.
i thought about seat covers, but they're still the same old stained seats underneath the fancy covers,and no matter how fitted they may be, there still just seat covers, prone to slipping and folding and all. I'd rather be rid of the gray completely and have a stock look with some fresh nice fabric. How much would a re-upholstering cost u think?

·
Registered
42 Posts
what are some problems people run into when swapping out the seats in the cobalt? i have a 2008 ls base and have been lookin at some BOMZ racing seats

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
I had mine redone with Katzkin. $1300 though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
there is a fabric,vinal and leather paint from i think the company is called plentycolor or something,but we used it on my brothers rangers seats and they are cloth,and they went from like a tanish gray and we painted them black with this stuff,then we used it on the leather seats for my teachers 69 comaro z28. the outcomes for both of the cars turned out fantastic,its like 6 or 7 dollers (american) for it and it works pretty well. i have the grey seats in my cobalt and im thinkin of gettin this stuff and getting it painted in certain areas blue and then taping it how i want and then painting the rest black (so there would b a blue design in it) ill have to wait til summer to do it tho

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You can always redo the seats, but they may not be the fit that you might be looking for. You can always find some SS seats and then put some quality seat covers on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.