Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get guys I'm getting some ss/sc black leather seats this weekend and was wondering if I have to add any buttons or wiring for the heated seats option they have. If I have to buy a bunch of parts I'll just bolt the seats in and be done. But if not what wiring and plugs will I need? Thanks guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
589 Posts
It seems like some cars were pre wired and others weren't. The switches get mounted in the radio bezel between the radio and the climate controls. Pull off that trim and look in there for 2 plugs. If they're there, you're in luck! Also, you need two sets of plugs under each seat. 1 plug will be for the seat belt sensor, the other would be for the seat heater. If you have 2 sets of plugs under your seats, again, you're in luck! If you don't, you can add the option but it will require making your own harnesses or finding a donor car with the option and pulling out what you need. You'll need 2 switches and the radio bezel to hold the switches. I added the option by finding a donor car at a salvage yard. It was a lot of work but I enjoy the heated seats!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got some SS/SC seats for my base and it was exactly the same as my old cloth seats, just one plug for the seatbelt sensor. Unless you're getting ones with the heated option, then there might be another connector but not sure on that. Hope this helps. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.