Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2008 cobalt lt special edition and i wanted to know what should I do to make the sound system better. The sound system that I have now is still stck by the way.

-Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would say replace everything in the car with kenwood thats what i did it is awesome except the subs hit way to hard and everything not straped down vibrates...duct tape works for evry thing so thats not a prob :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
nooo no. do what my sig says. Pioneer speakers are reasonably priced. And i think the best sounding. I spent a long time sitting in the audio room at the audio shop by me, picking out the best sounding speakers, and i ended up with the pioneers. Ill get you exact model and everything if you want to know.

But i would say if you want your system to sound real nice and not burn the pocket dry. Replace the speakers with pioneers, get a 350watt 4channel amp for the speakers(nothing sounds better then amped interiors), get 1 set of silk tweeters with crossovers so you dont blow them. Then 1 kicker l5 in a ported box and like a ~500 watt mono amp. This will give you an amazing sound quality system and still be able to bump when you want it to bump.

you'll only run into one problem, and thats rattles, and that needs a whole new thread to talk about, anyone who has subs in there coalt will be able to tell you about the rattles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nooo no. do what my sig says. Pioneer speakers are reasonably priced. And i think the best sounding. I spent a long time sitting in the audio room at the audio shop by me, picking out the best sounding speakers, and i ended up with the pioneers. Ill get you exact model and everything if you want to know.

But i would say if you want your system to sound real nice and not burn the pocket dry. Replace the speakers with pioneers, get a 350watt 4channel amp for the speakers(nothing sounds better then amped interiors), get 1 set of silk tweeters with crossovers so you dont blow them. Then 1 kicker l5 in a ported box and like a ~500 watt mono amp. This will give you an amazing sound quality system and still be able to bump when you want it to bump.

you'll only run into one problem, and thats rattles, and that needs a whole new thread to talk about, anyone who has subs in there coalt will be able to tell you about the rattles.
yea thanks alot and it be cool if you gave me the exact model.
-thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
kenwood execelon are great too look into those......sonicelectronics.com has loads of options real great price....check em out

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have pioneers in my truck, and they are great sounding!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
IT DEPENDS ON YOUR BUDGET THO...

I'd say JL Subs with a nice amp
I'd deff add component speakers at front and add the tweeter to the doors (i did it with mine and it sounds awwwwwwsooomeeee)

In the rear i just put regular 4ways by Sony

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you want good cheap system go with kenwood i have two kenwood Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X1300 in the doors with a 600 watt 4 channel amp along with a two back 6X9 sad to say they are not kenwoods they are alpine and they sound like crap lol, i also have a 1700 watt kenwood amp pushing two 500 watt 12inch Treo's TE with some dynomat in the trunk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.