Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my cobalt the left front speaker did not work. I finally got around to taking the door panel off today and checked the wiring with a voltmeter, it was fine. So that means the speaker is dead right?

Also, the speaker was in this plastic housing. If I get a new speaker do i just throw that away and screw the speaker right to the door?

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah mine goes out every now and agian... factory LS set up is jenk

·
Registered
23 Posts
i need new speaker, for my 06 cobalt ls

my driver speaker works sometimes, but now my passenger speaker is going out.

are sony good??
are pioneer good?
are alpine good??

what are good speaker??????

please let me know soon!!!!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
ALPINE!!!!!

i never buy nething else

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Sony is s***. the Pioneer line is s***. Alpine is good though lol. Hertz is great for the money also. JL makes great stuff but theyre not cheap compared to most

·
Registered
931 Posts
thing that i LOVE about alpine is there seems to be no limit to them.. they sound good with any type of music.. witch is good since i jump around alot... lol

ive has sonys hates them
ive had pioneer (not bad)
Kenwood isnt bad either

but alpine is the best ive ever owned by far my cobalt is Type "R' all around
front speakers/rears and subs... and a alpine "V" power amp.. and it sounds GREAT

·
Registered
296 Posts
i've got soundstream front speakers and powerbass rear, and i will say my powerbass's are great especially on my stock head unit, but my soundstream's i am gonna replace theirs just not as great as some friends told me that they were

·
Registered
127 Posts
Def look at boston acoustics. alpine will be cheaper but boston is incredible stuff. just look around for a good price.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
boston acoustic is complete s***. theyre the only company thats top of the line speakers sounded worse that stock

·
Registered
394 Posts
^^ Really? I had the same problem, so I moved my driver to the passenger side and it worked... Replaced all my speakers a couple weeks later.

And pioneer are good speakers, if you buy the right kind. It's not so much the brand, but the speaker's specs that matter most. (their cheaper stuff is just that - cheap).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.