Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm a cool kid and bought some new speakers, pretty much spur of the moment. My door speakers have been out for a few months now and it's really saddening listening to my music coming out so flat from the back of the car. So we (me and the bf) went to the store and wandered to that section with the intention of looking only... Ha right. I was playing with the displays, quickly figuring out that the nicer speakers were way out of my price range, but one set was on sale. So we picked up some Infinity Reference 6022i that were listed at $99.99, for $59.99. I swear I'm not usually this impulsive, I'm usually the one that takes a week researching every nook and cranny before deciding. Any opinions on these? I know after buying them isn't really the time to start asking the questions... but hey this is me we're talking about.

That being said, now that I have the speakers I'm at a loss. I know I'm gonna need new rear speakers soon (they crackle with the music barely 'loud') so I'm socking money away for those. I'm just not sure what else I'll need, or just ought to get.
Help?

·
Registered
678 Posts
OK, so at my best buy store i got trained in Car-Fi as my second department, so i know a little bit. Of the brands we carry, top of the line goes:
Infinity Kappa
Infinity Reference
Alpine R
Alpine S
and then after that it goes Pioneer, then sony, then insignia.
its not much help, but its something. other thing to keep in mind is there r other brands, those r just hte ones i know from work, but i just got Kickers for my car, they're supposed to be dirty

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh cool beans, well I feel a little better about being so impulsive!
I'm kind of an audio idiot... I'm just curious what other people think a good set up would be?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
i personally love component set speakers (seperate woofers and tweeters instead of all in one) so im gonna get a pair of infinity reference components. Saw them on canadian crutchfield on sale for like $119 or a bit less maybe. They are awesome! I had kappa components that I bought off my friend who was a car audio guy at bestbuy.Infinity Kappa is the sh*t!

·
Registered
11 Posts
So we picked up some Infinity Reference 6022i that were listed at $99.99, for $59.99.
I actually just found the same set of speakers online for the same price, and my right door speaker just blew (my car is two years old and I've only had it a month...) so I'm wanting to purchase new speakers ASAP. You'll have to let us know how they sound once you get them installed. :)

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I found some JBL power series COMPONENT(FTW!!) speakers that i will def. be purchasing sometime after x-mas. They are gonna kick A$$!! might as well do my whole car in the same brand lool

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
good buy! i love infinity! you don't have to spend alot of cash for them to sound good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.