Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im currently looking for new taillights for my 08' lt coupe, now i LOVE the way the smoked taillights look on a white car, but before i go and buy those i was wondering if anyone has some thoughts or implications as to pro or cons to smoked taillights. Also if there is anyone has some smoked led tailights they bought online is there anyway they could posilby leak the place as to where they bought them or just a picture?

thanks !

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Full LED aftermarkets > LED bulbs. I had Spiderlights when I had the G5 and they had orrible output compared to the LED tails I have in the Cobalt.
Spiderlights are a joke lol. Should have researched them before hand. Real LED bulbs dominate anything on my market! We just had a GB on them.

For the LED Tails, The "ebay" ones which are the same as some vendors who sell them will fall apart. Could take 1 month, 1 year, 3 years. Depends on the climate you live in and so forth. There just like the projectors. They are hit and miss and usually will fail on you at some point. VHT Nightshades works well too. Just remember to buff it after for the gloss look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright and vht nightshade is the spray on stuff correct? cause i have a buddy with that and its fading pretty bad, im unaware if he tried any clear couating but the actual tint film i like, the shape of the taillight doesnt hinder the tinting process correct?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yea.. Why pay for tinted ones when in just a few minutes and barely any effort you can do it yourself?
By this he means a few hours. Or atleast he should mean a few hours. And yes VHT is the can tint. get clear as well, theres a DIY on here how to do it, i sugggest you use it. I used it did my own tails and witha couple tips from guys on here mine look great. Its a no brainer bro its all about prep and taking your time

EDIT - And film will look like shit9.5 times out of 10. do light coats all around, the shape wont cause problems unless youre pouring really thick coats on, causing a run. In allseriousness its alot easier than it sounds. i was sketched out when i considered doing mine. Its worth it, trust

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
By this he means a few hours. Or atleast he should mean a few hours. And yes VHT is the can tint. get clear as well, theres a DIY on here how to do it, i sugggest you use it. I used it did my own tails and witha couple tips from guys on here mine look great. Its a no brainer bro its all about prep and taking your time

EDIT - And film will look like shit9.5 times out of 10. do light coats all around, the shape wont cause problems unless youre pouring really thick coats on, causing a run. In allseriousness its alot easier than it sounds. i was sketched out when i considered doing mine. Its worth it, trust
Technically you can spray tint in a few minutes... but it'll look like my toilet after a Taco Bell binge. :blink:

Anyways, the best tail tint is a mixture of clear and black automotive paint sprayed onto the tails. Any body shop can easily do that for you. It costs more than the VHT nightshades, but it looks and functions a ton better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.