Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering replacing the throttle body on my '06 balt myself based on feedback I got from a shop. Anyone have the relearn procedure? I could have sworn I've seen it posted on here but I can't find it.

Should have looked harder, found I think the post I was thinking of:

Coby7 said:
Throttle Learn
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle .

Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.

⇒ If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.

After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
⇒ If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds and repeat step 6.

Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
As well as advice in the same thread to make sure the key is out of the ignition and battery is disconnected.

Thread:
Problems After Cleaning Throttle Body

Question: I assume the process is the same for a new throttle body as removing and cleaning an exiting throttle body?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What codes were you getting?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
New throttle body may solve this because they are correlation error between the throttle position sensor and the pedal position sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Throttle position sensor

Hello all, I have a 2010 Chevy Cobalt. I have the check engine light on and I suspect my throttle position sensor is the problem. Unfortunately I dont know where it is to test or take it out so I can try starting the car and seeing if the CEL goes away. Does anyone know where it is? I know its somewhere under the hood but beyond that I am not sure. I have tried looking online but the closest I have found is a 2007 model so far.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Right under the air inlet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update: found the throttle body and cleaned it, it was extremely dirty, CEL still on, will check IAC tomorrow. I got codes for EVAP canister/solenoid, C342D which apparently is throttle position sensor or Idle Air Control. Im not sure if its throttle, IAC, EVAP or all three. I think the throttle or IAC might have contributed to the EVAP code? The car shuts off while driving but rarely and always while stopped.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like you have a burnt ign 1 fuse. Did you check all the fuses under the hood?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced my PCM relay, due to having P0690 if you mean that. I will try pulling some fuses and see if it goes away. I was planning on doing that with previously mentioned problem pieces, but ran out of time as I had to go to work driving from Stanhope to Hoboken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.