Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 225/45/17 tires fit on my cobalt?
With that being said, I need recommendations for a tire that size to get. It just has to be from tirerack.com. Thanks

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yeah, that will fit givin that you have 17" rims :laugh:... eh, idk much about brands, i have Nankang & they're alright, kinda bulky for a 40 series tire, so i'm gonna switch to Falken when I get my new tires in the spring... but as for recommending anything, cant help ya much there, lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
Those Bridgestone's are tires I'm considering...I am looking for 225/40 18's and I'm considering Yokohama S.Drive, BFG KDW 2, and Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport's.

I recommend 225/45 for 17's just because you have the most tire choices along with decent pricing and the 225 looks nice.

If you want cheap 17" tires that will still be pretty good look at General Exclaim UHP's.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
if ur gonna get that size, then get kumho ecstas ASX, they are the best(in my opinion) n theyre at a good price

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Bridgestone's are tires I'm considering...I am looking for 225/40 18's and I'm considering Yokohama S.Drive, BFG KDW 2, and Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport's.

I recommend 225/45 for 17's just because you have the most tire choices along with decent pricing and the 225 looks nice.

If you want cheap 17" tires that will still be pretty good look at General Exclaim UHP's.
i was

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I am a fan of the BF Goodrich tires. I have good luck with different styles of them lasting longer than the ratings. Like 70,000 miles out of 35,000 mile tires.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bf Goodrich ! and i would go with a 225/40/17 ... that size is low but wide. I love it. The 45 series sidewall was just too meaty for me and if i were to hit any bumps the rear tire was sure to rub

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
225 is the width right? yeah I want a wider width, and won't 45's fit? they might throw off the speed ratio but oh well lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
225/45 is the proper size for your speedo to be fairly close...225/40 17 is going to throw it off a bit more.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Michelin X-Ice Xi2

I'm gonna get these on my stock rims, how well do you think these perform in non snow
There is absolutely no reason to get a winter/snow tire for no snow...just get a decent all season and you'll be fine. If you mean for putting them on before snow comes, they'll be fine...just not too early...winter tires on dry pavement will wear a lot faster than they do in the winter...all the siping will wind up useless in the snow if you drive on them too long on dry pavement.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is absolutely no reason to get a winter/snow tire for no snow...just get a decent all season and you'll be fine. If you mean for putting them on before snow comes, they'll be fine...just not too early...winter tires on dry pavement will wear a lot faster than they do in the winter...all the siping will wind up useless in the snow if you drive on them too long on dry pavement.
well it does snow in indiana, i just need some new tires then to go on my stock wheels during the winter

·
Registered
63 Posts
With those sizes it's a half inch difference on the sidewall. 4-3.5 inches.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I usually say go big or go home, but were talking about cars so I'd personally go with225/40/17. Especially with you lowered.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.