Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its time to replace these continentals and get some new ones. i have been looking around and couldnt find any good ones. some cant handle rain others and bad thread wear. so can u guys plz help me out here? keep in mind that i live in florida and it rains alot during the summer months and i drive like a maniac

·
Registered
170 Posts
well I got my tires through treadepot.com. The ratings on them are great and the ones I got are all weather, so maybe try them, they have some pretty fair pricing as well and I thought pretty fast shipping.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
My Goodyear Eagle T/A's are actually pretty nice. They were $130/tire and they do well on wet roads and don't wear too bad. Or the Yokohama Parada Series 2 are pretty nice and handle like it's on rails in rain too. Haven't put many miles on mine as I got them right before winter, but they are pretty good so far on wear :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I am a big fan of BFGoodrich. I have had different models of them from street to off road and they handle wonderfull in all weather(rain, snow and dry) and they seem to outlast the other brands of tires that I have owned. I had s set once that was rated for 45K miles and they lasted me close to 80K and still had a lot of tread left.

Stay away from Michelin and Dunlop, some people love those but I have nver had or heard anyone with good luck on those. The dealer that I bought my Ram, sends all vehicles back to Dodge that have Michelins, they dry rot and blow before the warranty and Michelin does not like to replace them.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I just put Yokohama AVID Touring-S on the front two wheels of my car this past summer. They cost me $63 a piece at Discount Tire, and so far I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
When you do get tire get some wide ones. Like 225 or 235. You'll get better grip on the roads. I know I do

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Btw I have bf goodrich g-force kdw. Awesome tires. Also get some tires that handle wet weather. You will need winter tires tho since they suck on the snow

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
[/COLOR]Btw I have bf goodrich g-force kdw. Awesome tires. Also get some tires that handle wet weather. You will need winter tires tho since they suck on the snow
Been looking at those for when I get my 18s.

I plan on running the steelies in winters, at least till I get bigger brakes, then I'll need 4-lug 17s.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
dont get coopers. i hate them with a passion. their tread sucks, wares down too quick and over all is crap. everytime i would get in the car, i would worry about one of them blowing out. i went around a turn before winter, on the highway(highways dont have sharp turns) speed limit was 65 so im crusin at like 75, im in the passing lane, thank god, nothing on my right side, go around the turn and slid into the other lane,5th gear crusin, slid across the highway, wtf. sorry haha i really hate coopers.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
im in the same boat here too, im glad this thread came up. Mid tn weather is crazy but it rains alot here too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wat about fuzion?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.