Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've always liked Yokohamas, they may not be as good as the Michelins but they are usually half the cost

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea the micheleins will definitally give you a smoother ride for sure

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speed Rating

Went to Discount Tire today and they were out of the Michelin Destiny tires. The guy there mentioned that the OEM tires that came with my Balt are H Rated. Does that mean that Chevy recommends I replace the tires with another H Rated tire or does it not matter? The Michelin Destiny is not H Rated, i was going to go with them for a more comfortable ride.
Any input appreciated.
Oh, they also checked out my Pirelli P6's and said I could get another few thousand miles out of them but my car's ride sucks right now and I already got a wheel alignment and balancing and Chevy insists my struts and everything else is OK.
The guy at Discount upped my tire pressure to 35 which he says he usually does with small cars (Chevy does the same thing when I get an oil change).

·
Registered
673 Posts
The rating on the tire should match the type of driving you do. If you plan to go at high speeds then you need a rating that matches the speeds you will drive. However for normal driving you probably don't need a higher rated tire.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Special right now at Discount so I still didnt get the tires. I got the front tire balanced at Discount and spoke to someone else there who thought the Michelins would be too heavy for the car. He said GM recommended a H Tire because it will brake better than a touring tire.
Does this make any sense? Aren't the '08 Cobalt 16 inchers touring tires? Would the Wheels make a difference? Mine has the nice aluminum wheels that came with the sport package in '06.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.