Discussion Starter #1
So i got my first car

2007 Chevy Cobalt. 35,000 Miles

Color: Silver
Tinted all around
Leather seats ( Cracked leather though)
Alpine 70 Watt ( i think ) system

couple questions

How do i change the cover of my chevy emblem?

What are some cool things i can do to my car?

How much would it cost to lower my car? what are the advantages of lowering my car?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome! Love silver, by the way.

Meguiars Leather Conditioner is awesome at moisturizing the seats. Smells great too. For the emblem, you can paint, carbon fiber, or Plasti Dip. As far as cool things, there's a thread for mods that cost under $100. I'll try to find and link that.

Are you rocking an LS, LT, SS? As far as your cost, it depends how crazy you get. Minimum is doing your springs and your sway links. Most people do a full swap to FE5 at the same time as springs.

This thread should give you the rest of the info you're looking for. Using the search feature and browsing under the suspension forum will give you plenty of happy reading :)
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/suspension-wheels-brakes-tires/31962-complete-suspension-upgrade-list.html

·
Registered
297 Posts
IMO, style is one of the biggest advantages to having a car lower. It just looks right to me. Also, it adds advantages to cornering. With a lower center of gravity, the car is able to take turns quicker and with more control. One thing that is said often on this site is that you can make your car reliable, fast, or cheap but you have to pick two. It's all about the depth of the pockets.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm bored, so here are some fun things you can do:
HID projector headlamps
CAI or SRI
Shorty antenna
Debadge
Tint windows
LED's in trunk, door/window switches, under the hood, in cup holders, in footwells
LED instrument cluster
LED turn signals
Upgrade speakers
Paint trim
Leather shift knob
Carbon fiber just about anything
Weather Tech floor mats
Put a hot girlfriend/wife at shotgun

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Welcome

Lowering is so worth the money. Have you ever took a corner too fast and felt like you were going to role over? If you read that link above and follow that you will feel a huge difference... Its almost like driving a different car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i appreciate the answers everyone!

I have a 2007 LT Coupe..

How much would it be to lower it?

also when you say "carbon fiber everything" what do you mean

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks! do i order specific carbon fiber interior pieces specific to my cobalt? or do i have to cut them accordingly

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Maybe you should get a good idea of what you want before undertaking any major modifications. Do you want a sleeper car? A pimped car? A tasteful car? A ricey cop magnet? And what's your budget? Figure out what you want before you throw money into your car. Just a piece of advice.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Maybe you should get a good idea of what you want before undertaking any major modifications. Do you want a sleeper car? A pimped car? A tasteful car? A ricey cop magnet? And what's your budget? Figure out what you want before you throw money into your car. Just a piece of advice.
^^^ good advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.