Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first of all thank you for having me in the forums. I am new to the US car market (formerly Japanese turbo and n/a) and have purchased today a used 2009 Cobalt LS 2 door coupe.

I got a great deal on it and was tired of being on my 2 little feet everywhere I went, lol. So, decided to get a vehicle and read up on Chevy and how they have gotten better at their generation of vehicles. I am happy so far, being bone stock, and only plan on a few upgrades to help out even more on the fuel economy this machine puts out. Very impressive may I say as well.

For my future upgrades, not many, but here are a few I plan on. Just mainly to make it clean and simple.

-K&N drop in filter
-RK Sport full lip kit
-Black Housing headlamps
-Sylvannia Silverstar bulbs
-Razzi Down Force II drag style spoiler
-Smoked LED tail lamp replacements
-Ark Front Strut Bar
-Shumacher style 17"X7" Silver wheels w/polished lip
-215/45/17 Performance tires
-Possibly Eibach Pro kit lowering springs
-ARK Short throw shifter kit

That would be all and maybe a smaller shift knob plus that center console cup holder behind the e-brake to get an armrest kit thingy, lol. May take about a year to complete, but not looking at making this cobalt fast, but very reliable and to hold onto somewhat a powertrain warranty that is left.

Thanks again for having me here!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome

pics?

I will have a few up later on today. Its right now a bone stock X FE LS Cobalt. Good old hubcaps and no power anything :(. Wish they had cruise control, lol.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. Well waiting on green slip, but found the joy of installing headlight bulbs, went with the Sylvannia Silverstars. You sure need tiny fingers to get in there, lol. I actually just pulled out the whole headlight assembly and popped them in. 10 minutes later, tada!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sorry for double posting. Here is my Cobalt stock, stage 0, lolz. I dont think I have the stock HP and Tq right, but pulled it from edmunds.com...so may be off, but it sounds like I have variable valve timing huh? Trust me, its bone stock, the filter was an AC Delco white filter, lolz.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, first thing to go is that damn pin stripe, lol. I cannot stand pin striping.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe to the ricers it adds horsepower, lmao! Like I said before, that is how it sounds, I have no clue where that last umph in power is from. I dont think GM made the 2.2L with VVt correct?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I'm not sure to be honest. I thought that was only for the SS models, but I could easily be wrong

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i highly doubt they would invest on a gas saver model, then again, thats what honda said about their Si, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.