Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Cobalt in the near future. After doing some research, I feel that they are great cars. However, it seems they are prone to having a lot of smaller repairs. I could be wrong though. Also is the electric steering issue pretty common in these cars? Ive heard its an expensive repair.

I love the style of the car, think its practical and would seriously consider buying one.

Please post the following:
1) Miles on car
2) Opinions of reliability, repairs needed would be nice (if you dont mind)

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
610 Posts
welcome to the site george. i've gone a little over 5000miles in my '08 cobalt and i have no problems with it at all. the only tiny issue i had was the tire pressure sensors were malfunctioning so i took it to the dealer and they adjusted it. im still under warranty so it didnt cost me a dime. other than that im happy with my cobalt. the ride is smooth and it handles great. not to mention the gas mileage is great too. hope that helps! :)

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Cobalt in the near future. After doing some research, I feel that they are great cars. However, it seems they are prone to having a lot of smaller repairs. I could be wrong though. Also is the electric steering issue pretty common in these cars? Ive heard its an expensive repair.

I love the style of the car, think its practical and would seriously consider buying one.

Please post the following:
1) Miles on car
2) Opinions of reliability, repairs needed would be nice (if you dont mind)

Thanks,

George
welcome, my 07 ls has treated me well! just turned 33,000 miles. and i havent had many issues.(less than i expected from it) the only problem ive had was a check engine light from an aftermarket muffler.
the only common issues seem to be the intermediate steering shaft, the horrible front disc brakes and lots of people have issue with their sun roofs. 05-06 but thats just what i know..............

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Had an 06 LS (owned 1 year) and now have a 07 SS/NA (since July 07)...both bought new. Only time back to the dealer was 2 times with 06 LS for recalls (fuel injector replacement and headliner head protection - no other problems).
Nothing at all with the 07 SS/NA (knock on wood)...

·
Registered
41 Posts
11,000 miles and no complaints or problems

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got an 09' Ls with about 3000 mile son it now, Its a alright little car I got it as a dd, it gets good gas millage. Only complaints on it are the serious lack of power and the little tires it has on it are horrible for handling. I have started doing things to it already to try and make it a funner car to drive since I have to live with it daily.

Which model you looking at?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bought my '08 new in March of last year. Currently 6086 miles. I just had the sunroof motor replaced on Friday. There was a leak and the rain pooled and caused the sunroof motor to fail. That's been my only issue and it was under warranty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
06 LS, 85000 miles, been great so far. Only issue was the air bag message came on in the DIC for about a month then hasn't came back on since. Consistently gets about 32-34 MPG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys. They helped out a lot! Feel free to keep 'em coming!

Got an 09' Ls with about 3000 mile son it now, Its a alright little car I got it as a dd, it gets good gas millage. Only complaints on it are the serious lack of power and the little tires it has on it are horrible for handling. I have started doing things to it already to try and make it a funner car to drive since I have to live with it daily.

Which model you looking at?
I am looking at getting either a base coupe or LS coupe w/manual trans. I want a basic, fun car that gets good gas mileage. I have had trouble with window motors and such in the past and have decided I dont want to pay up to replace something so trivial. Plus its not that big of a deal to roll up the window:toung:

Is the Cobalt really that underpowered?? I heard that the 2.2L ecotec was actually a very punchy engine. What do you guys think??

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. They helped out a lot! Feel free to keep 'em coming!

I am looking at getting either a base coupe or LS coupe w/manual trans. I want a basic, fun car that gets good gas mileage. I have had trouble with window motors and such in the past and have decided I dont want to pay up to replace something so trivial. Plus its not that big of a deal to roll up the window:toung:

Is the Cobalt really that underpowered?? I heard that the 2.2L ecotec was actually a very punchy engine. What do you guys think??
ive got no complaints about it. for a little 2.2l engine, it has plenty of get up. i guess if your used to big displacement it could be disappointing. and im with you on the power windows etc. :bigsmile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.