Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2005 Cobalt LS 4 door with the 2.2 Ecotec engine. It's got 237KM's on it, but I got it for a good price and overall it's not in too bad of shape. I have a few questions regarding the car though....

First off, my Radio display isn't working. When I went and test drove the car it was working fine but now it won't light up, but the radio is still working...I haven't checked the fuses yet but i'm hoping that's what it is. The fuse panel is on the passenger side, correct?

Another question I have...when I first start the car I get a ticking noise, it almost sounds like an exhause leak, as it speeds up as I accelerate for about the first minute of driving then goes away completely. Could this be the Timing Chain Tensionior? Should I be really worried?

One more question...I have a clunking noise coming from the right front passenger side wheel when I hit bumps/potholes. I was thinking it may be the strut, but from searching on here it sounds like the Lower control arm bushing also fail quite often on these cars, so perhaps that could be it? Or any ideas as what it could be?

Overall the engine/Tranny combo run pretty nice in the car, and all the options work including the AC. I'm also loving the gas mileage, as i'm going from driving a 2006 Ford F150 full four door truck with the 4.6L in it (still have the truck, but wanted something more fuel efficient for longer trips).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
17 views and no welcome. smh
anyway, welcome to the site!, unfortunately I wont be able to help but youll definitely get your answer here. very knowledgeable members on Cobalts.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check if it has the updated timing chain tensioner!
Clunky could also be an end-link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.