Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new guy here!

First off, I joined a different Cobalt forum and they were incredibly inactive and I got no help for the question I was asking. Hopefully it's a bit better over here.

Right now I'm trying to find reputable websites to purchase parts for my 2010 LT Sedan. Recently I've been browsing body kits for example and I can't find myself coming to a rational decision on purchasing any of them I've looked at. Main reason being they all seem very uninformative and down right sketchy; pictures of non sedan pieces, the same pictures being in multiple different kits but yet product description shows otherwise. If anyone would care to point me in the right direction regarding parts of all categories; engine, exhaust, body kits, accessories, mirrors, lights, you name it!

Any informative help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I'm personally not a good person to recommend a body kit, because I'm not a huge fan of them, lol. If you don't mind a more subdued look, you could get the SS Turbo body kit, which'd give you a more aggressive look than the stock base model stuff. I think Everything Cobalt : Chevrolet Cobalt Parts, Upgrades and Accessories might have some bodykits too if you want something more flashy than the stock Cobalt SS look.

For your basic bolt ons, my thread filled with me asking noob questions would probably be a pretty good read.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/73434-check-my-upgrade-list-please.html

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums!

I'm personally not a good person to recommend a body kit, because I'm not a huge fan of them, lol. If you don't mind a more subdued look, you could get the SS Turbo body kit, which'd give you a more aggressive look than the stock base model stuff. I think Everything Cobalt : Chevrolet Cobalt Parts, Upgrades and Accessories might have some bodykits too if you want something more flashy than the stock Cobalt SS look.

For your basic bolt ons, my thread filled with me asking noob questions would probably be a pretty good read.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/73434-check-my-upgrade-list-please.html
Thanks for the response, Parthros. Yeah, most body kits I'm not a huge fan of either. I mainly just want a different looking front bumper without those ugly slatted covered "grill" areas, lol. I've done a little looking around today and came across ZZP, I saw they have a turbo upgrade kit for a 2.2 auto trans Cobalt which tickled my fancy a bit. :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Thanks for the response, Parthros. Yeah, most body kits I'm not a huge fan of either. I mainly just want a different looking front bumper without those ugly slatted covered "grill" areas, lol. I've done a little looking around today and came across ZZP, I saw they have a turbo upgrade kit for a 2.2 auto trans Cobalt which tickled my fancy a bit. :D
Ugly slatted grill areas??? We might have different tastes in style... :laugh: I'm pretty sure that website I linked to has something without those. You could also look into swapping in the SS Turbo grill, which has more of a lattice design rather than slats.

As for that turbo kit, I've got a few pieces of advice.

1. If you know you're gonna turbo, then don't bother buying a header/downpipe before you buy a turbo since it'll be replaced with a turbo exhaust manifold/downpipe anyway.
  2. Try to piece together the kit if at all possible. I bought their supercharger kit and had a few issues with it. Check out my build thread.
  3. If you boost your car (SC or TC), buy good injectors instead of the crap that comes with ZZP's kits. MP81 has Lucas 42# for his SC setup, and hasn't had any issues. I had the Siemens from ZZP's SC kit and just recently had one fail on the highway.
  4. Find a good tuner. Don't settle for a street tune; have it put on the dyno. It'll probably run you somewhere around $500 to $600, but it's worth it. (Trifecta's email tune is actually really solid too, but they don't do base models anymore.)
---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Man, I'm glad I copy/pasted that into notepad before clicking Submit. Darn forum hung up and I would have lost the post.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ugly slatted grill areas??? We might have different tastes in style... :laugh: I'm pretty sure that website I linked to has something without those. You could also look into swapping in the SS Turbo grill, which has more of a lattice design rather than slats.
I'm referring to the stock 2010 LT Sedan front bumper, it's hideous. The one you showed isn't too bad, I'm just personally not a fan of fog lights. I'm starting to go through and make a giant parts list of things I want, I'm going to make a build progress thread here soon. :D

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Did this to my 2010. Swapped the ugly front bumper for the sport bumper.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h381/Coby007/2010 Cobalt Project/IMAG2271_zps296ca58b.jpg]
Unfortunately I'm not able to see the images you posted for whatever reason, lol. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm referring to the stock 2010 LT Sedan front bumper, it's hideous. The one you showed isn't too bad, I'm just personally not a fan of fog lights. I'm starting to go through and make a giant parts list of things I want, I'm going to make a build progress thread here soon. :D

So yeah, definitely different tastes. I really like the understated look of the base model bumper. I kept mine whenever I went supercharged. The SS bumper looks undoubtedly nicer, but I'm still a huge fan of Cobalt styling in general.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm hating on photobucket right now and am into a real hate-hate email back and forth with them telling on how unfair this is to the millions of forum followers. ( Okay thousands )

·
Registered
949 Posts
Does Imgur work here?
Sure does. Just copy & paste the direct link to the image (so, like "http://i.imgur.com/Mi2GZ0Z.jpg") into an IMG tag.
Code:
[IMG]URL_Here.jpg[/IMG]
---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

The only caveat is some of the guys can't see imgur images while they're at work. I know it's blocked for MP81, and maybe a few other members too.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hmm...

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Well google drive and amazon photos don't seem to work haha figured it was worth a shot since my phone automatically backs up to both anyways..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That might be the case for my work as well, I've only been able to view a couple images, haha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.