Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl just got me an Ipod Nano 5th gen black, and I'm working on getting my music off of my Phillips Go Gear 8 gig on to the 16 gig ipod, and I'm having issues. The music that is "protected" cause it was ripped off of a cd went on the phillips device fine, but Itunes won't let me put it on the Ipod, it keeps saying I need to insert CD to rip off of that.

Is there a way to bypass this crap or am I stuck with 80 of my songs not being able to be transfered cause I lost the CDs?

·
Registered
872 Posts
no u can transfer all your songs to a folder, like on your desktop. click COMPUTER-->OS(C: )-->USERS-->HOME(or w/e ur account is)-->MUSIC. copy paste all ur music to there. then go to itunes and click FILE-->ADD FILE TO LIBRARY and then search for that folder. u can highlight all the songs and then click open

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did all that... I spent four hours last night transferring all my songs from the old mp3 player to a folder on the desktop... then organizing all of the music and making sure all the artists were listed. I hook up the Ipod and I have to dl itunes. And it won't let me transfer the songs that are "protected"

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Use WINAMP. That will allow you to transfer music (doesn't matter if it's protected or not) onto any ipods. If you can't get that to work, use media monkey. That works well too. But I've NEVER had a problem with Winamp not working.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a special DL I gotta do for the WINAMP?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

oh, does anyone know how to level the volume across the music? There are some songs that are alright, then it switches songs and they are quiet, then it switches again and its friggin loud. How do you equalize the volume?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.