Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check out my new tows!

I got the Turbo tech racing rear sway bar and the DC sports strut bar from a local friend who is parting out his cobalt for a deal I could not refuse!

The sway bar was powder coated red and was kinda scratched up so after 2.5 hours of sanding and an hour of painting..

I also sanded down and painted the DC sports strut bar. It was kinda scratched up also

I'll update with pics once there installed!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! the TTR sway bar was a pita to sand down. there were a few spots where the paint has been scratched and started to rust. But i sanded down to bare metel so i should be good! :)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice man! your are making me jealous with all the mods youve been doing lately! :bigsmile: good work on the paint. gonna look good on your ride!
Haha sorry man! like i said, it was an offer I couldn't refuse! Just the sway bar alone is supposed to be like 170 before shipping. I got both the sway, and strut bar for 160! Couldn't resist! :toung:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has been 2 hours since you posted -- can't believe you don't have install pictures already...LoL!!!
Yeah.. the thing about that is.. I just went to install the strut bar and scratched it because the paint wasn't all of the way dry! :cry: So I'm fixing it.. Pics tomorrow for sure!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright! updated pics of the bars installed!

The TTR Sway bar..

And a few of the strut bar..

And my favorite!

Yes, the tire is about 2" off the ground! You wouldn't believe how much stiffer this makes the suspension! You don't notice it just driving straight, but going around corners at even a moderate speed, this makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Niceeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ver nice. That may be my next mod. I think I need to add it to my list!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks man! I have noticed a huge difference in handling! Last night I took a freeway round about (rated at 25 mph) at 55 and the tires were barely even squealing! I normally could only do at about 42 before the tires would let go and i would push through the turn.

I am very happy with my new set up! Now i just need to get a new front bar and shocks/struts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
that color mathces so well that the strut bar looks like it came stock. i literally had to look for it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah the work it took to get them ready was a PITA but I did a good job painting them and I'm really happy with the way things turned out! And I officially LOVE corners!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.