Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to get a pair of Konig Unknowns for the Cobalt since they're the only ones that catch my eye anymore, ever since I saw someone's G6 at work with a set.

The problem is I'm very new to the whole "rims" thing and I only vaguely understand the sizes. I don't know if I should get them in 17's or 18's but either way when I looked them up the descriptions say they're "dual drilled" and they have the same rims for the same price with different model numbers?

I'm hoping someone with a little know-how can point me in the right direction on where to get them and what size to get. :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
well id stick with 17's if i were you with 215/45/17 tires (just my preference). then they are dual drilled meaning they are either 5x100/144.3 or 4x100/1xx

if you are 5 bolt you obviously want the 5 bolt ones.. if 4 bolt then the 4 bolt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 4 lug and when they're dual drilled which one do I get, or can I get either and it won't matter? I'm pretty confused on how the dual drilled thing would fit with 2 different sizes...

sorry for being such a noob haha

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
dual drilled means that there are two bolt patterns on one rim.. as long as they say they fit 4x100 dont worry about the fact they are dual drilled.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate it I was pretty confused about that haha now my biggest concern is what tires to put on them :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would go for the 17's to because I tried 18's on my balt and I fount it very rough on the road. personnaly I preffer larger tires, on my stock 16' rims I put 225/50/r16 so I wouldn't go with something smaller then that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.