Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry they aren't shined up, its supposed to thunderstorm the next two days and I couldn't justify a wash n wax. My car has nothing done with the suspension and won't for a year (I've spent what I want to this year).

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Will look great once lowered. You should also paint your calipers and drum covers as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will look great once lowered. You should also paint your calipers and drum covers as well.
Haha yea, it is a never ending thing. Thats what I've been looking into today. I really thinking just black calipers and drums is the way to go. As obtaining color matched high temp paint will be difficult where I am at (I called a couple places).

The other thing I am looking at is new rotors because they are rusty looking.

As for lowering it. I know its not optimal, but I'm considering doing SSC springs and then doing the rest of the suspension next summer. With the lower miles and how I drive, I don't think I have to worry about my struts and shocks blowing out.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Black would be the way to go IMO. I wouldn't do orange.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
17's lol. It was a tough choice between konig forwards and those. But I went with black because it matches with my tinted tails and black headlight housing better than gunmetal wheels.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

The wheel gap kills its. Makes them look smaller =(.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Once you lower you will start to notice how tiny your brakes are :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may regret it but I am probably just going to ssc springs at least for a while before I replace the rest of the suspension. I want to the look, but I don't want to spend all that $$$ right away.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You wont get the complete look and will have to do the work twice. But you do what you feel you need to do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh they are 17's, thats what I'm gonna go with when I get the funds for that. I wanna get my springs first though, then just do a bunch of overtime and get the wheels and tires. It's like an $800 job for just the wheels and tires, so that'll be at least a couple paychecks of overtime. On ebay, I found a set of lotek springs for $110 so I'm gonna throw those on in a couple weeks. I already have aftermarket struts because one went and just replaced both sides to make it even so I'm not worried about that. But I think I'm in the same boat as you are, look for the best value right now then at some point down the road when more money is available, do something like some stance coilovers.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
er, where are you getting wheels for $800? I paid roughly $1500 and that was with a step down on the tire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After my rebates I will have paid $820 for wheels and tires. Now mind you, I went with well reviewed tires that would be good all year long (not the top of the line).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well I've just been shopping around the internet and was going under the generalization of $400 for wheels and $400 for tires. I just looked up the set I would get today if I had the money and the total came out to be $868.

Here's a link to the wheels. Here's another for the tires. I'm not picky on tires, this is just my daily driver so whatever all season is cheap is usually what I go with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.