Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys.. haven't been on here for a while.. got tired of the cobalt n i hit 200,000km so i traded for a 2011 vw jetta base model.
not a super fast car but its enough for me.. car looks good, really comfortable seats, heated seats as well. 6 speakers, suspension is pretty amazing very smooth ride and handling. and a 6 speed tip tronic auto. only 50,000km so i'll keep it for a while.

gotta try to stay away from upgrades.. might juss tint it and slap some black rims down the line.

not all pics are mine.. but its the same base jetta in black the bottom pics are the jetta gli which is the same as the SS pretty much lol

wanted a gli or gti but 30-40g plus isnt in the budget.. lol
i paid 13g for it so im happy with what i got for the money

2011 vw jetta

this what id like to do to it in the future..

luv these rims...

the SS of jettas.. GLI

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
To the dark side you go.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^hahaha, not my first choice. But all that matters is that you enjoy it. I hope you get a decent price for your car, thing was looking good.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^hahaha, not my first choice. But all that matters is that you enjoy it. I hope you get a decent price for your car, thing was looking good.
oh yeah im happy with it.. my insurance went down too. it looks like a new audi a4.. n yeah i got a decent amount for the balt.. it was fun while it lasted but i grew out of it.. i got a grown up car now.. ;) haha

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

To the dark side you go.
lol by darkside you mean volkswgon? ''dos auto!'' translate ''the car'' :p

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

black balts.. i thought you would of been happy that i went with black lol :p

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Trust, you will not be happy all the time! Go buy a california cleaner, worth every penny on a black car!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I'll never understand the grown up car statement lol, enjoy the car it's looking nice!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll never understand the grown up car statement lol, enjoy the car it's looking nice!
well to be fair i was driving a yellow coupe and now a black sedan.. lol
maybe if i got a less flashy cobalt i would of called it a mature car..
n thx

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It means slow and comfortable.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Oh I wasn't trying to be rude. Id give my left nut for heated seats

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I gave up $500, my left nut was worth about 25k a number of years ago when I checked.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol it does come in handy.. its ****en freeziing now n its the first button a hit when i get in the car... feels so good :p haha

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, my gf gets that vehicle so the only feeling I get is the pain of the car payment! lol, but they are nice. I rode in my friends TDI not too long ago and it was very comfy. The TDI actually gets less HP than my NA balt so you must be pretty low on the HP spectrum?!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tdi has 140hp but 236 pounds of torque.. translation you get smoked lol
the gli has over 200hp

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

n yeah the specs on mine the 2.0l arent that impressive but honestly i doesnt feel any slower than the balt.. n it has a sport drive and 6 speed tiptronic gearbox which kinda makes up for it.
if i wanted hp i could of got a charger or audi a4.. but i wanted a new car with less clicks on it. like i said i only paid 13g not 30g plus

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Well, I didn't when we raced so not really!! lol

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

No need to defend bro! I feel ya, thats why I got a Jeep

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Congrats man. I'm never excited for ppl unless its domestic v8 muscle

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I didn't when we raced so not really!! lol

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

No need to defend bro! I feel ya, thats why I got a Jeep
did you keep your balt?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Oh god yes. I now have three cars in my name. You can see their uses at the bottom of my sig!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats man. I'm never excited for ppl unless its domestic v8 muscle
lol yeah i was tempted to get something muscle or turbo'ed but when you start looking at dollars it doesnt make sense getting something older with a lot higher km when u can pay the same money and get a new generation car..

they have the new jetta inside the mall i go to.. now i get to say ''thats my car!'' lol

besides its a nice feeling having a near new car

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

HTML:
Oh god yes. I now have three cars in my name. You can see their uses at the bottom of my sig!!
lol thats funny.. one day i wanna have a least 2 cars.. 2010 camaro ss for the weekends and a gti for a daily driver lol

oh yeah i can see it now :p

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm sure you are still young, you got time. After the Jeep is paid off I'm buying an Evo!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.