Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 05 Cobalt ls 2.2 auto and love it! I was wondering if there was anything I should know about the cobalts. I am looking to get a GMP catback exhaust. Is that a good exhaust? Anyone have any pictures of it installed, or any sound clips? Anyways I know how to search and will do so so if you have any info to share with me I would appreciate it. Also how are the 2.2L performance wise? Thanks, Jeanna

D

·
0 Posts
Performance-wise......depends on you, how you drive it, and how you build it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome to the site...The GMPP catback is a good exhaust...personally I don't think there is anything special about it but it is good...As for performance of the 2.2....pretty good for a 143HP econo car...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase. I've heard nothing but good about the GMPP exhaust, but I don't have any personal experience with it. As for performance, it's all relative to your experience. If you are coming from a 1979 Ford Pinto then the 2.2s performance will be stellar, if your last car was a Ascari A10, you're going to be disapointed. :)

Either way, just enjoy the car and have fun because that's what's important.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Had an LS but manual before I traded for the SS/SC, I liked it, has potential to put decent numbers but that depends on your wallet or purse lol. Congrats and enjoy, just do not ride up to SS's, especially an SC and think you are just as fast. Not really saying ya would but I have had a few think they do, its annoying as hell.

I have the performance exhaust on my SS and love it, I sure it may sound alittle different but its a good choice. I would suggest an intake aswell than maybe work on getting it lowered. Eibach Sportlines well give it a very nice drop and stance, definitely improve handing and the look. If ya need a new set or, should I say, a slightly used set of LS wheels and tires I got 4 in my garage cause I put different ones on the LS but never got them off before I traded in. If you would like a set of SS headlights from an '07 I got a set of those too haha, in great shape because they were on the car for alittle less than a month. Difference is they do not have that orange lens in them or whatever. Just putting it out there :)

Enjoy the car!

M

·
0 Posts
welcome love the username :D, and congrats, pics are always nice
i wouldnt call the 2.2L any sort of performance car, very limited aftermarket and still w/o tuning so your "uber" mods arnt going to be performing the greatest. GMPP parts are nice, especialy if/when the cops want to give you a hard time, all you have to do is point to the chevy logo on the tip and say, "what? no, thats factory." and smile :)
but you are going to loose some low end (torque) with prety much any sort of aftermarket exaust out there, and IMO, the 2.2L's low end is it's best trait.

good luck and happy modding

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks for the welcome and inputs for me. I don't plan on being a race car just looking for some more "pep" on my daily driver. Probablly gonna do just intake,exhaust, springs and rims. Do they have a gmp intake? I haven't seen one and yes pictures will be up as soon as it stops snowing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
welcome to the site, i own a 2.2l ls 5-speed manual and i think it has alot of potential for a lil guy. i have yet to loose a race and i've smoked some ok sized neons. but the only draw back on the auto 2.2 is that it shifts at 4-1/2 rpms and only revs at 4-1/2 rpms max but hope u enjoy it cuz thats what really matters.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.