Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newb

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  YellowSS06 
#1 ·
Hi all! My name is Keith and I'm new here and I'm picking up my 2010 Cobalt tomorrow at lunch time. It's silver/5 speed base model. I wanted a newer car, and some better gas mileage. I am coming from a 98 Camaro. I'm very excited about this car and plan on doing a few simple mods to it and wouldn't mind your guidance. Thanks all!

#3 ·
Thanks! I saw that the other day and may do a few things. I mostly wanna just stick with appearance like tint and wheels/tires. And for bolt ons I need to keep my warranty intact, so maybe gm performance parts?

#4 ·
yeah I'm doing the same. don't wanna kill my drivetrain warranty yet. I'm gonna run GM performance exhaust and intake. from what I hear you can run any aftermarket exhaust from the cat back without voiding warranty.

#9 ·
Oh ok cool. I want some wheels for it besides the hub caps. Thinking maybe some Enkeis, they make nice 17's.

#10 · (Edited)
You can install your own parts and you do not have to use gm parts. To many people let dealerships bully them around.
Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the US, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act Applies, unless they can prove that your aftermarket accessory 100% caused the failure of factory part, your warrenty and you are good. I have customers call me everyonce in a while for stuff like the dealership said my warrenty is void cause you put a remote starter on my car. The dealership said they would not replace my transmission because you put lowering springs on my car. Then I have to call the dealership and call bullshit on them.
Manufactures start bullshit rumors like this to keep the aftermarket down, this is why in recent years you are starting to see factory remote starts, upgraded stereo systems, cars like the scion TC where you can order somwhat aftermarket parts strait from the dealership. Why because they can't keep up with the aftermarket.

As stated in the act "Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty."

#11 ·
You can install your own parts and you do not have to use gm parts. To many people let dealerships bully them around.
Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the US, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act Applies, unless they can prove that your aftermarket accessory 100% caused the failure of factory part, your warrenty and you are good. I have customers call me everyonce in a while for stuff like the dealership said my warrenty is void cause you put a remote starter on my car. The dealership said they would not replace my transmission because you put lowering springs on my car. Then I have to call the dealership and call bullshit on them.
Manufactures start bullshit rumors like this to keep the aftermarket down, this is why in recent years you are starting to see factory remote starts, upgraded stereo systems, cars like the scion TC where you can order somwhat aftermarket parts strait from the dealership. Why because they can't keep up with the aftermarket.

wow good info man. I agree. dealers like to point the finger at aftermarket stuff as a easy way out. this is coming from a guy that works at a chevy dealer haha

#17 ·
I finally got the car! I love it! I was unsure about the power...but it is definitely enough for a daily. I plan on putting some more miles on it tomorrow. Hope to have a good, long stay here. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.