Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Cobalt LS sedan and want to possibly give it a little more power. it has over 120,000 miles on it cause the previous owner took it all over the country. I asked a friend who works on cars a lot and services cars for his friends if it'd be good to go to a junk yard for a lower price on a turbo. He told me it'd be too much trouble to put it in even if we found one that fit my car. Any suggestions on what i can do to add some horsepower and boost acceleration? I'm on a tight budget but can save for something.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yea a tight budget doesn't work to make these cars fast, the na at least. Even bolt ons that don't add much hp will cost a lot in the long run. Banker knows all about forced induction but that's really the only way to go if you want a head jerker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
depending on how he's maintained his car, it could be ok for low boost settings/timing unless he rebuilds it. but with the amount of miles, i'd suggest a complete overhaul and that would cost quite a bit. my suggestion is to buy a factory boosted car unless you're looking to spend a lot of money to rebuild plus turbo.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.