Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody in Cobaltland!

Just recently purchased my '08 Cobalt Sedan Sport 2 weeks ago and love it. i have tons of questions for customizing and performance, but today i have a more Serious matter. In regards to the Stabilitrac ESC and the trac-control, i drive over HWY 17 everyday for work and enjoy a spirited drive throught the mountains of Santa Cruz, and my Balt handles very nicely. But when i hit this certain corner the ESC and TC kick in and force me to slow down. Today i was doing 60 and it slowed me all the way down to 40 before disengaging. i highly doubt i had reached the physical limits of the car and was going out of control, the tires werent even squealing, or the front end pushing. in fact before i got my car i drove a '90 caddy deville over the hill at the same speeds or higher. today was a bit hairy because there was another driver behind me that had to swerve into the next lane to avoid hitting me. i tried everything from letting off the throttle to giving it WOT, to down shifting, nothing worked, i was dead in the water, all i could do was steer. is this the way the ESC and TC are supposed to work or should i take it to the dealer? is there a difference between the SS and Sport that can changed to allow more agressive driving before kicking in? in my eyes it is kinda unsafe. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me...I would say go to the dealer and have the car checked out...hopefully someone at your dealer is smart enough/well educated enough on these cars to help you out.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the site and enjoy your stay .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I think im gonna take it back to the dealer and let them look at it. today i turned the ESC and TC off when driving to work and had zero issues. same corner even faster no problems.

·
Registered
496 Posts
welcome! not sure about your issue, as i have a lowly 2.2 with crank windows. :bigsmile: hope you get it figured out, that doesnt sound safe to me either!
lowly 2.2 with crank windows?!?! lowly? lol, 2.2L w/ crank windows is the best!! hahaha

·
Registered
496 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.